• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Parameters

Stripeman

Does anyone out there have a list of the JV33 parameter meanings. Some are obvious and others make no sense at all, and since there are a bazillion different settings, it would be nice to know what they represent in English terms. I ask because I have a JV33-130 machine that has a used mainboard from a JV33-160. Apparently there are some parameters that need to be changed. I found out here that the model can be changed in the parameter settings, but the machine still tries to check media wider than it should. I saw a brief mention of meca size in the parameter menu and wondered if this is where I need to tinker. Any help would be appreciated.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm not aware of any publicly (or even tech) available document that lists all of the parameters and their meaning. Mimaki pretty much only states one once in a while in some document where it relates to a specific service item a tech might need to change. I did just find on an older JV3 document that Mecasiz is the one. On that it showed 0-54", 1-63".

I'm pretty sure mech size is the one you need to change though. There was just recently in the past couple of months a thread on just this where someone else had done the same thing, replaced the mainboard.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Does anyone out there have a list of the JV33 parameter meanings. Some are obvious and others make no sense at all, and since there are a bazillion different settings, it would be nice to know what they represent in English terms. I ask because I have a JV33-130 machine that has a used mainboard from a JV33-160. Apparently there are some parameters that need to be changed. I found out here that the model can be changed in the parameter settings, but the machine still tries to check media wider than it should. I saw a brief mention of meca size in the parameter menu and wondered if this is where I need to tinker. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes that is the parameter you need to change for size:smile:
Meca size (Size: 0=100 1=130 2=160) these are for a JV5
I dont have the exact ones for the 33 but i am sure if you try those and you can also try going up to 4
try that

Tekkie1