• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 power error

starprint

Looking forward to your replies on this issue please

When we power on our mimaki all works well as normal. When starting to load media we get linear encoder error 08. When powering off and back on solves this issue. While printing the first head move creates a current issue where the head stops printing and have to press enter to have head back to the start. Sometimes we get error error 03 power 42v
Checking on the net shows this to be a pcb board error. Before we spend on the boards is there something you can suggest
Many thanks guys Mima

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I do know that the power supply boards on these have capacitors that eventually will start to fail and when the capacitors fail it can cause all sorts of issues ranging from print quality issues to motor errors and more due to the poor and unstable voltage. The fan on the power supply board's cooling tunnel on these also tends to fial over time which will also cause some of the other power supply board components to have a short life.

Easy to pull the back left cover off and visually inspect the power board for capacitors with tops that are bulging. The tops of the capacitors should all be flat, if the top of a capacitor is bulging the capacitor is failing and no longer operating within spec. If you are competent at soldering it is easy enough to identify any failing capacitors, as well as that cooling fan and replace them. The fan plugs in - I found some equivalent replacements some years back and just spliced the wires in and it worked fine.

Really though - you could have a main board failing as well or a number of other issues like possibly a bearing failing and causing excess resistance on the carriage movement, the Y motor might be starting to fail, etc. Making sure the encoder strip is clean as shown in the prior post is always a good idea but that will generally just cause printing issues. Never seen a dirty encoder cause a power error before but who knows, maybe it can.