• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 problems

Marisca

Hi Guys; I am new to this whole page posting thing. I have had my printer for 3 years, and now I ran into a problem. I changed my cartridges, 8 of them. I also tried to perform a tube flush, so I am now at Choose colour, 4 CMYK, Take cartridges out, after the flush I have to put in the cleaning solution, but my nr 7 black cartridge does not want to pick up the cleaning solution. can someone please help me, if its maybe the sensor????

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The pack-end sensor could be broken. It's the sensor that detects if a cartridge is in place. Take the cartridge out and look in there with a flashlight. Now compare it to one that is working. You should be able to tell if there is damage. It's also possible that there is some sort of debris blocking the cartridge from being pushed in all the way. Check for that.

The cartridge could be deformed. Compare it to one that is working. If it is deformed, you probably won't be able to get it to work. I would try to get a replacement from who you bought it from in that case.

A cable could have come unplugged but that is super rare. If you have been working on the machine and taking covers off etc. it could have been knocked out so that is something you could check.

Marisca

Hi VanderJ

I'm busy going through your steps, I just want to know, do you still think its the sensor, because when I insert the black cartridge, the green light does go on, its only the solvent ink cleaner that does not want to register. I did switch the solvent cartridges around, but with no avail.

Marisca

Is there a quick fix on the back sensor. It registers when I insert the cartridge, but after a few seconds, I loose the connection.