• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 smudging/streaking

savagefire

We are having issues with our Mimaki JV33 leaving repeated streaks/smudges on media. We've tried different colour, pass and vacuum settings. Attached is a sample image of the issue. Does any have any solutions?

Attachments

• 100_0663.jpg
    100_0663.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:

4R Graphics

First off set the vacuum to the highest setting either at the printer or in the rip.

Second when you put the printer into remote as soon as the rip is done ripping and it transfer the data to the printer if you are watching the printer you should beable to see the material actually get sucked down to the print platen.

Third if you have what looks like waves in the material while it is on the printer then you have way to much heat and this is your problem. most material for the pre and print heaters should be 40c or less. I get buckle in the material around 40c on the print heater with Oracal 3640 and 3651.

Heat will make the material buckle up for sure.

Once you get this problem figured out you need to do a nozzle check. you may have destroyed the head especially if this has happened a few times.

Good luck and i hope your head is not bad now.

WI

Looks like that might be a material issue. Did you recently change the plastic you're printing on? If you're using the same heat settings and new decal, that might cause it to buckle under the printhead. Also, depending on how it's stored you might have some kind of ovaling or flattening of the media in certain places, which could cause it to buckle up at regular intervals like that.

savagefire

Appears to have been a heat issue. With the heat settings too high it caused the vinyl to expand and ripple between the rollers. Possible started occurring because the humidity dropped with the arrival of winter.