Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Mimaki JV33 Y Motor

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Glauco, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Glauco

Glauco New Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Brasil
    Hello everyone!
    Recently I've changed the Y motor of my Mimaki JV33. All done, the printer works fine, details like belt tension and print result seems ok. Only one thing goes wrong, when the printer is not printing, and the carriage is stoped at the capping station, sometimes the motor starts vibrating. It does some noise an I can feel the vibration when I touch the printer. A minor movement of the carriage stops the vibration. I know there is an ajust to lower the noise of the running carriage, but this vibration is something complete different. Is this motor damaged or there is something I missed?

2. GutekPL

GutekPL New Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Poland
    is the printhead parking postion ok? Maybee it needs some adjust? or You can try to lower a value a bit in motor adjust. How big are the vibrations?

3. Glauco

Glauco New Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Brasil
    I lowered the current parameter to 100. It seems ok, I don't hear the humming anymore. I'll try to raise it now step by step to find the best setup. Thanks for your reply, it helped a lot!

4. GutekPL

GutekPL New Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Poland
    Standard otor current is about 130-140. Maybee your parking position is to far. It was set on old motor. YOu can try to set the positin back a bit, just about head getting sealed with cap top. Then You can put motor current higher. Or disconect it for a moment to get standard value.

5. Glauco

Glauco New Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Brasil
    Checked the parking position and its ok, the head is entirely covered by the cap. I raised the current until 120 yesterday and it works fine, Ill raise to 130 today and see how it goes. It was at 136 before. Thanks again for your reply!

6. kensign

kensign Member

May 22, 2018
    seattle
    hello, could you teach me how to adjust the motor , when the machine come to the cappaing station, seems it needs to travel a bit more so the head is entirely covered by the cap. A lot of times it hit the cap and not sit fully and right away throw me error code 07. I have to tilt the capping slider more to the inside the and to the left more like a touch by 1/8 " , and it work to boot up and ready, any idea, when i do test print the print carriage run so fast and with horrible force from left to right and vibrate the whole machine , scary ,. pls give some suggestion, thanks