• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki JV400-160LX Loosing Color Intensity

DbyD

Recently I needed to run 8 panels of 48+ inches wide by 96 inches tall. Each panel was different artwork and all artwork was full coverage, full bleed, with varying color backgrounds (i.e., not a solid color). Test print looked good, as did the first 12-14 inches of each print. Shortly thereafter the color intensity drops back to more like 75% of what it should be. Not banded, just faded. After wasting too much material, I completed the job on our Mimaki flatbed. All 8 panels were great, so no file ripping issues.

Still looking for suggestions as to what's going on. Run the same images at 70% of scale and they print fine on bond. I may have another job coming up, shortly, which can't be run on the flatbed. Hoping someone can help. Ideas anyone?