• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv5 160s head problems

appletec

hi I had a recent problem with my jv5 it had air bubbles in one of the ink lines in head 1. it turned out head 1 was faulty. I was reading previous threads and I found something very interesting it seems that Epson r1800 printer has an dx5 head. so I bought an Epson r1800 and removed the head and fitted it to my jv5 160s. now the problem starts the machine will not activate the head it wont even give me a chance to enter head id but if I keep pressing enter it lets me print on 3 heads. I have attached pictures of error codes and what the machine is asking for. I want to know how do I get the head to work. also for some strange reason the capping station is lifting the head carriage to high and then trying to perform a head clean but when it goes to clean its self at the wiping station the heads hit the carriage because the carriage has not gone down enough to it original location.i had an error y motor and then this happen. any help

Attachments

• error 1.jpg
    error 1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 208
  • error 2.jpg
    error 2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 206
  • error 3.jpg
    error 3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 198
  • head carriage error.jpg
    head carriage error.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 166

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Non-Oem heads will not work in the JV5. The error message you are getting is telling you that the machine does not recognize that head. You may have seen something about the Epson head working in a low firmware version JV33 but to my knowledge it will not work at any firmware in the JV5.

appletec

Non-Oem heads will not work in the JV5. The error message you are getting is telling you that the machine does not recognize that head. You may have seen something about the Epson head working in a low firmware version JV33 but to my knowledge it will not work at any firmware in the JV5.

what other printer have the same head as a jv5. why am I having the head carriage problem

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
To my knowledge you can only get an OEM head for that machine. The JV33 and JV5 have the same head. We have that head on our site. Here is a link: JV5 Print Head

As far as your carriage issue goes, it is hard to tell what might be going on. I would check to see if the head is installed correctly and that it is not crooked. Also make sure the cap top is sitting low enough and not popping up at all. With the machine off, move the head towards the capping area and look to see if it is hitting something it should not, causing the cap to rise up prematurely.

kujtim

H there i have had the same problem on mimaki jv5 160s many times. Maybe this sugestion will help you at least - how i did fix the problem.

But didnt trye changing the head i dont know even it is the same model will work as for epson and mimaki or what ever so i am just sharing my experience

1. During the print it makes vibrations so most of the time the ribbon data cables can vibrate and move that has not proper connection. So turn off the machine and unplug from power source than make sure all cables are sitting properly. this is how i did fix the problem. Lets hope even this will fix yours too.

2. As for the seccond problem you have problem with head height origine. At the botom right after a metalic plate you can find a roller wich moves the capping position up and down so turnoff the machine and trye rolling backward that wheel untill you put the capping at the bottom than do also the same with the head roler at the top of the right the white wheel until the printheads are at the bottom. (this problem comes while you print and than you trye to fix print quality by moving head upper or down. so if you have the same problem trye manytimes turning off and roling thos roler position to the bottom than turn on until the sensor will detect the proper head position. also this worked out as well to my mimaki jv5