Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki JVC-160SP Test Print Error

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Todd593, May 28, 2013.

1. Todd593

Todd593 New Member

May 24, 2013
    We have a Mimaki JVC-160SP. When I do a print test, I have missing yellow bars (I tried uploading a picture but the upload keeps failing). We've tried everything in the owners manual with no luck and are currently waiting for the yellow ink cartridges to run out in hopes it will clear up the problem. Until then, if anyone has any unique suggestions, please let me know and we'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Todd W.

todd@integritysign.com
    812-590-5922

2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    soak the yellow head in cleaning solution overnight and see if that helps

welcome from cali :thumb:

3. Todd593

Todd593 New Member

May 24, 2013
    Soaking now and will see how it worked tomorrow morning. Maybe you can help with another issue I have to work around...is there any way to have the printer ignore white? Any white color in our designs comes out beige. In order to avoid that, I have to weld through anywhere I want a white background, but would rather the printer see white and not try to print that area...any suggestions?

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    that sounds like a profile issue - maybe play around with rendering intents too

5. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Is that a new model, I never heard of a JVC

6. Todd593

Todd593 New Member

May 24, 2013
    Every profile on every media does the same thing (won't ignore whites) and I have no idea what rendering indents are...? JV3

7. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    You can also try a couple of strong cleans, see if that doesn't clear it