• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Print / Graphtec Contour Cut

JohnBoy1972

Mimaki Print / Graphtec Contour Cut. So I am working with some old computers and old equipment .. trying to get going to make it to the next level. I am using a Mimaki JV33 to print large format images. I want to cut contours around images with a Graphtec Q100 .... I've tried everything I know of.. creating my own registration marks and so forth... can't get anything to work... my associate tells me he is 100 percent sure that it can be done. I know the correct way is to use flexisign to make reg marks during the rip and print then send that job in holding to the cutter afterwards. But the circumstances don't lend itself to doing this. I have to print on the Mimaki with the Mimaki RasterLink and then try to send the job to the cutter .... any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It depends on a couple things. There is no such thing as a Graphtec Q100. The Vinyl Express Q100 is a re-brand of the Graphtec 8600 series. So what you need to figure out is if the Vinyl Express version can connect to Graphtec's Cutting Master 4 Plug-In or if it may have it's own free software that I just don't know about. Most plotters these days come with the software for free. This all depends on if you are using Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw to design. If not, you will have to buy software.

So if you can figure out if Graphtec's free software will work with that machine or Vinyl Express has their own Illustrator/Corel Draw Plug-In, then all you have to do is design your image, add the crop marks using the plug-in, print via Rasterlink, and then cut through the plug-in. Other than getting Flexi etc. that's how you do it.

JohnBoy1972

It depends on a couple things. There is no such thing as a Graphtec Q100. The Vinyl Express Q100 is a re-brand of the Graphtec 8600 series. So what you need to figure out is if the Vinyl Express version can connect to Graphtec's Cutting Master 4 Plug-In or if it may have it's own free software that I just don't know about. Most plotters these days come with the software for free. This all depends on if you are using Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw to design. If not, you will have to buy software.

So if you can figure out if Graphtec's free software will work with that machine or Vinyl Express has their own Illustrator/Corel Draw Plug-In, then all you have to do is design your image, add the crop marks using the plug-in, print via Rasterlink, and then cut through the plug-in. Other than getting Flexi etc. that's how you do it.

Hi, ok I thought it was a vinyl express machine but I read a description somewhere that it can also be referred to as a Graphtec. I am building my designs in Flexisign 8.1 ... so I guess the real problem is that I can't get the Mimaki to print from Flexi because when I go to add a new setup that model of Mimaki is not in the drop down box of available printers. I guess if I could get my flexisign software to recognize my Mimaki printer that would solve my problems. Any idea on how to do that?

JohnBoy1972

Are you setting the correct registration marks for the Q100 ??
Well that's part of my problem too, I think the registration marks for the q100 have to be between .3 mm - 1mm and whenI tried to rip/print on the mimaki yesterday I noticed the reg marks were much thicker and did not appear to have a way to make them within tolerance of the q100 specs. But on top of that I still dont have a way for my q100 to recognize those registration marks bc I am sending from 2 separate software systems. Raster Link for RIP/Print and Flexi 8.1 for Cutting

Terry01

Add the FC7000-100 in setup in production manager in Flexi, and test if the driver is compatible to the Q100. Could also test the CE5000 or the FC8600. If one of them works from Flexi, then in Work flow, you tell it to print from one and cut from the other

Last edited:

Terry01

Just had a look in Flexi..the Vinyl Express Q100 driver is in the set up. Do everything from Flexi..

strypguy

I'm almost 100% sure the Q series cutters will not work with the graphtec cutting master plugins. John

JohnBoy1972

Add the FC7000-100 in setup in production manager in Flexi, and test if the driver is compatible to the Q100. Could also test the CE5000 or the FC8600. If one of them works from Flexi, then in Work flow, you tell it to print from one and cut from the other
I don't even see the fc7000 ce 5000 or fc8600 in my lists either