• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki printers constantly stopping

Suntex

We recently upgraded to TexPrint 14 with 2 ErgoSoft RIPs. After about a months usage, one of our JV33-160 refused to continue printing a full roll of paper. Our main RIP is running 5 printers, and our Print Server normally would run 2. We have been on the phone 3 days constantly trying to resolve this problem with Tech Support. If we even try to use this printer, it will affect the other JV33-160 that's connected with it to our printer server. We have tried many things, for example: Removing the printer's queue, reinstalling TexPrint 14 now 4x, replacing all effected USB cables.
We have tried rerouting all USB cables and even connecting the affected printer to the main RIP.
Aside from replacing the motherboard on the effected printer, reinstalling the firmware, or even reinstalling Windows 7 Pro and TexPrint, I am baffled as to the problem we are having. I know this is turning into a long post, but it maybe helpful that we have been experiencing these error codes:

"Error -31, Device connected to the system is malfunctioning"
"Error -##, The System has failed to send data"
"Error -22"

Some of my friends have said it may be a networking issue?
Could it possibly be a Router or even an Ethernet cable issue?

It has gotten so bad that we disconnected it from the PC and turned it off. Now 3 of our other printers will stop randomly when before they would not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MikePro

check the memory on the computer. enough hard disk space? file too large for your computer's RAM to handle?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yup - considering it's starting to affect all printers my guess is it has nothing to do with any of the printers. The JV33 just happened to be most sensitive to whatever is going on and gave issues first. Could be a myriad of problems with the computer. One that many often do not consider is a computers power supply - a flaky/failing power supply can seemingly run okay but cause any number of other problems. Other things could be a stick of ram going bad, motherboard going bad, even memory on the video card going bad could cause random data issues, or of course Windows itself might somehow have corrupted some files. Could also be lack of free drive space, lack of free contiguous drive space, drive developing bad sectors. For me unfortunatly it always seems the last thing I replace after replacing checking everything else.

Suntex

First new fix

We have reinstalled Windows and TexPrint today and going to try running with it. If this fails we are prepared to buy a new PC. This PC has been a problem from the start, it came with bad RAM, it has crashed and locked up overnight, it has needed constant maintenance to keep running.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Get a Signburst PC from Casey here on the boards or Dell Precision Professional Workstation. Just not anything built or intended for general consumer use....

Suntex

After the clean install we were printing for a few minutes and the problem JV33-160 displayed an "Error 1111, I/O Error sending data". A tech is coming to install a new motherboard in the printer to see if thats the problem. At least all our USB are displaying Hi-Speed 4800mbps now instead of all different speeds after the clean install. Will update after we try the mb.

fmg

Hi.
I also have been having this problem.Spoke to Mimaki tech and they installed the latest driver to my PC. I still am getting the problem so I may change to a new usb cable and see if that will fix.Failing this I may just install rip on a new machine and see if that makes a difference.Please update after the tech has seen your machine.
Thank you

Suntex

We opened the cover to the motherboard today and found alot of dust trapped in the cover and on the board. After eliminating the dust, we did some yard tests to see if it would finish them and it did.
Unfortunately after trying to run a full roll of paper, it stopped approx. 10 yards in or not even an hour. It received an "Error sending data to "_____" Error -53634661. We are going to install a new motherboard to see that fixes it. Will update after that or unless we come across another trial fix.

fmg

The error message i get is: DRV: An error has occured during output(W) < A device to the system is not functioning ( 31 ) > - { GetOverlappedResult } - (0x02088002)
Is this what yo are getting?

Suntex

The Errors we are getting are
"Error sending data to device, Error -53634661"
Error 1117, Error sending data, Request could not be performed because of I/O device error"
"Error -31, Device attached to the system is not responding."

We are still waiting for the motherboard to arrive.

fmg

I just changed the USB cable and replaced with a new 10 foot cable and just printed 125 ft for a wrap with no interruptions.

Out There

I had a similar issue with my CJV30. Just very erratic and stopping mysteriously. Turned out to be a faulty USB cable.

Not sure how those things go bad.

Suntex

We tried replacing our USB cable from a a different printer that was working properly, but it didn't fix our printer from stopping.

fmg

We tried replacing our USB cable from a a different printer that was working properly, but it didn't fix our printer from stopping.
I also tried that and still had the problem. Just a thought but it may work with a new cable for you. Hope it works out for you and good luck.

Suntex

We tried the new motherboard in the JV33 printer that kept stopping and so far so good. The only issue it has now is the head was sitting for so long that it will not print without dropping out, so now we need to replace the print head. Will update when we finally get the new head and try to print a full roll. Thank you everyone for your help, we really appreciate it!!

Suntex

We finally fixed the problem JV33!! After all the problems it had, we ended up replacing the motherboard, data cable, printer head, dampers and capping station. The last 2 130 yard rolls we printed finished! Thanks again for all your help.