• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UCJV150 Printer / Cutter

Adam Wilson

Hi all, I currently have a Mimaki CJV150 solvent printer. Ink Configuration is CMYK Lb Or Si Wh. We run a small vinyl transfer printing business and the printer doesn't get used every single day. Usually about 4 days a week. Because we run the business from home, we have to turn the printer off at night because of noise which has eventually led to the printhead getting clogged with white ink. We essentially need to replace the print head but I know the same problem could have 1-2 years time.

Even though the UCJV is a lot more money, i'm wondering whether this printer would suit us better. Does it have noisy cleaning cycles? Would we need to turn it off at night? Do you have to print on it every day to insure the print quality doesn't get affected. Some days we print loads, others not at all.

Would be good to see what others think about this.

Signed Out

If you can hear your solvent printer from your bedroom, I'd be more worried about filling my home with solvent fumes. Do you have a filter/ventilation system for the printer?

Merlinmaster

Hi all, I currently have a Mimaki CJV150 solvent printer. Ink Configuration is CMYK Lb Or Si Wh. We run a small vinyl transfer printing business and the printer doesn't get used every single day. Usually about 4 days a week. Because we run the business from home, we have to turn the printer off at night because of noise which has eventually led to the printhead getting clogged with white ink. We essentially need to replace the print head but I know the same problem could have 1-2 years time.

Even though the UCJV is a lot more money, i'm wondering whether this printer would suit us better. Does it have noisy cleaning cycles? Would we need to turn it off at night? Do you have to print on it every day to insure the print quality doesn't get affected. Some days we print loads, others not at all.

The UCJV150 does not support your ink configuration. According to the documentation;
"Two models: UCJV300-160 with eight ink channels; UCJV150-160 with four ink channels"
"Ink Type/Color LUS170 / LUS175: C, M, Y, K, Lc*, Lm*, W* *available only for UCJV300-160 model "
I don't think there is a silver on the UV printer either.

stxrmxn

Are you sure the print head needs replacing? do a nozzle recovery test print on clear, you will see the blocked nozzles, then run a few hard cleans and see if the nozzles start to recover. it may take a fair few washes but they usually do.
Also when you have to turn off your printer run a cap wash and wait until the head sinks into the wash and the timer starts to run down. Then pull the plug, the head will sit in the wash until you are ready to start up again.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

You should really consider a Latex printer. You don't have to run it like other machines. If you want to have a discussion about how it could benefit you just let me know. I wouldn't even be the one to sell it to you, but I can be the one who shows you why you should consider it no problem! 714-878-7989 reach out anytime.