• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help MIMAKI UCJV300-160 background color waves

hapciustyle

Hi guys,

I just purchased a dealer demo printer Mimaki UCJV300-160 and we are not able to print a nice background color with 6-12 passes profiles. We tested 6 profiles so far. (see pictures below)

Already asked dealer and they say that 16 passes profiles with 600x600 resolution its needed for this printer to have a nice background color. But this sounds odd and I think printer has some issues...

Same thing happens to you, also ? How do you print (passes, resolution)

Our current printhead configuration CMYKLcLm + WHITE
media/material alligned passes
nozzle check all good

Attachments

• 12 passes.jpg
    12 passes.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 294
  • nozzle check 20210211.jpeg
    nozzle check 20210211.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

hapciustyle

Already did that. They said that 16 passes is normal for this printer to print a nice background color. It seems odd for me and that why I'm asking.

CDC Inc

Hi guys,

I just purchased a dealer demo printer Mimaki UCJV300-160 and we are not able to print a nice background color with 6-12 passes profiles. We tested 6 profiles so far. (see pictures below)

Already asked dealer and they say that 16 passes profiles with 600x600 resolution its needed for this printer to have a nice background color. But this sounds odd and I think printer has some issues...

Same thing happens to you, also ? How do you print (passes, resolution)

Our current printhead configuration CMYKLcLm + WHITE
media/material alligned passes
nozzle check all good

Try a soft clean, if not any better do a nozzle clean.
also try 1200x1200. We had that issue as well

kffernandez

if that was me, i'd double check on the feed calibration, head height [low to mid], and see if an air purge improves it. but yes, for a UCJV300-160 on cmyk lc lm + w, the normal production speed should be around 16-20pass.
btw, are you sure you have a UCJV300-160? that's my machine too, but my test prints are thin and tall. yours' look short and fat, much like an epson head.

kelly

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We use a custom 300x900 profile that mostly puts down decent solid colors, so I don't think that claim that you have to print 600x600 and up to print solid colors is accurate.

Sounds like your dealer is making excuses for selling you a lemon.

micadesign

if that was me, i'd double check on the feed calibration, head height [low to mid], and see if an air purge improves it. but yes, for a UCJV300-160 on cmyk lc lm + w, the normal production speed should be around 16-20pass.
btw, are you sure you have a UCJV300-160? that's my machine too, but my test prints are thin and tall. yours' look short and fat, much like an epson head.

kelly

yeah, it look like an epson dx7 printhead. maybe he has a cjv150-160 printer...?

my test print on my ucjv300 looks different.

hapciustyle

The printer is MIMAKI UCJV300-160
That print was made with head position up. Meanwhile we did another test with head position low and result it's better but still not a solid color.

Try a soft clean, if not any better do a nozzle clean.
also try 1200x1200. We had that issue as well
How do you print now for a full solid color ? Resolution and passes ?