Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki UCJV300-160 Beware!!

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Decomurale, May 11, 2018.

1. Decomurale

Decomurale Custom wallpaper shop

Sep 26, 2015
    Blainville, Qc
    As many of you have read previously, we have been having many issues with our Mimaki UCJV300 since last December. It has now been 6 months and we still have no resolve. We are still experiencing constant banding du to feed instability and the white ink is now officially a problem. Mimaki is working on a workaround for the white ink at the moment. Attached are pictures of the feed instability problems and the official document from Mimaki describing the problem with the white ink. Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. perfectpdf

perfectpdf Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Ohio
    Tell them to take the machine back and move on. I would stop being a testing agent for them.

3. Decomurale

Sep 26, 2015
    Blainville, Qc
    I have! Over and over.. they are not willing to.

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Time to get a lawyer involved then.

I had a similar experience with a major printer manufacturer, please feel free to PM me if you want to discuss, in the end I got what I needed to and moved on.

5. Decomurale

Sep 26, 2015
    Blainville, Qc
    UPDATE!! The white ink has been switched to LUS200 and our problems are solved. The white is now rock solid.. Also the chromatic banding has been greatly improved. It is basically a question of using the right feed comp and dot gain when profiling. Its not perfect, but we are happy with the results. I feel that with experience running this printer we will get it 100% running the way we want.

6. Plopez210

Plopez210 Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    Hi we just recently purchased one and have noticed it guzzling the yellow ink. Havent noticed white ink issues but if we do is it easy to switch to LUS200? can all color be switched?