• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki warranty

Paultheprinter

Ok so I have a Mimaki printer....
Warranty runs out in a week it’s going to cost me

£1750 +vat with Hybrid
Or
£1200 +vat with Atlantic Tech

that’s a massive saving, however....
Hybrid are telling me they are the only distributors of GENUINE Mimaki parts and that Atlantic Tech don’t use genuine parts, I get that they might say that to sway my decision, but when I questioned Atlantic tech about where their parts are coming from he said he wouldn’t answer that question...

Just wondered if anybody uses Atlantic Tech and what their thoughts are on this.

cheers,

Paul

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There's nothing inherently wrong with after market parts as long as you trust your supplier to choose the best quality ones. Some after market parts simply don't work but any supplier worth their salt will test them before releasing them into the field. As for where they are getting their parts? Most likely from China or a middleman who gets them from China. Mimaki printers have a lot of common parts with other makes and models so they could be pulling from those sources as well. For example, we sell the original Mimaki JV33 print head but also offer a Mutoh head for about $400 cheaper that works in that machine. At the end of the day the head is actually originally manufactured by Epson.