• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mining for gold. second time around.

ProWraps

welp, it looks like they signed another season. they got all of 6 ounces last time. -191k in investments.

so do you think they will do it this season? NO GUTS NO GLOOOOORY!. god i hate that old man.

i think with discovery money they will have some new input and will have to show a profit.

anyone else gonna watch the new season?

SignosaurusRex

Watched it some last season. Painful! Geez......what a bunch. Seems that they ain't got sense enough to pour P!$$ out of a boot with directions on the bottom.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One of our favorite shows. I'm wondering if they're going back to Alaska since the show is now named "Gold Rush" instead of "Gold Rush Alaska". How about it Chris ... is there still any gold in them thar hills around Sacramento?

ProWraps

well fred, its funny that you ask, cause we are SURROUNDED by the gold rush. unfortunately its only museums and tall tales.

im sure there was much money to be made here but its long gone. at least as far as gold is concerned. almost every other street around my biz is "gold rush", "gold court", "gold circle" no joke. christ, the township over is call gold river.

but i was wondering the same thing as you. i THINK they got a new claim for the new season from what i saw from the trailers.

i still think its alaska, but its deffinately not the same claim as before.

regardless, i CANT WAIT for the new season. i hope they got more qualified peeps and they DO succeed. im watching reruns now as they are running them to promote the new season.

Pat Whatley

My guess is that there's going to be a second group of people to follow. There's only so much entertainment you can drag out of Todd and his dad filling the heads of a bunch of maroons about how close they are to being rich beyond their wildest dreams....day after day after day.

So far the only two smart people I've seen on the show are the old guy who leased them the claim and the guy who quit and went to fish for a living.

ProWraps

i feel the same way. im expecting a new cast of usual suspects mixed with a few of the old characters just to keep it true to the first season.

phototec

I'm wondering if they're going back to Alaska since the show is now named "Gold Rush" instead of "Gold Rush Alaska".

but i was wondering the same thing as you. i THINK they got a new claim for the new season from what i saw from the trailers.

i still think its alaska, but its deffinately not the same claim as before.

Jack, and Todd Hoffman are going back to the same claim, they head north once again to Porcupine Creek, Alaska to settle unfinished business and find the gold at the bottom of the glory hole.

See the details here:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/gold-rush-alaska/episodes.html

:corndog:

Attachments

• gold-rush-photos-1.jpg
    gold-rush-photos-1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 70

OldPaint

have any of you seen the the other 2 TIME WASTERS:
HAIRY BIKERS
CARFELLAS..............good god, i cant change the channel fast enough!!!!

johnnysigns

I thought last season they were thrown off Porcupine Creek because Dakota Fred took over behind their backs. Wasn't there a whole trailer of them going way out into the middle of nowhere to check out another claim?

Pat Whatley

You know what always struck me as funny about the show was that Todd and his dad always weighed the gold in the tent in private, no cameras, no other miners.

I got to thinking last night that the mining season should be coming to an end so somewhere out there somebody knows how they did in season two. Didn't find anything on that but found several sites who were theorizing that Dakota Fred was actually sent in by the claim owner to watch the count because he was convinced that the Hoffman's were intentionally making it look like they were coming up short so they wouldn't have to pay him (or the other miners) his cut. When Todd went home to beg money from his sister the Discovery crew knew something was up so they stayed with him 24/7. The only time he was out of their sight was when his sister wouldn't let them in the house. He gave the gold he snuck out to her, she let the camera crew in so they could film Todd begging her for money, she told them she'd have to think about it. After they left she sold the gold and got the $25,000 check she gave to Todd. In season 2 the claim owner guy gives them the boot for coming up short. Apparently the last few groups who worked the claim all consistently made money, just not as much as they expected so they moved on to more profitable claims.

How's that for a conspiracy theory?! :ROFLMAO:

Apparently Dorsey was in negotiations with Discovery about doing his own gold mining show in Oregon, too.

Pat Whatley

Just watched the first show and I quit. This is completely scripted and poorly acted. Do they really expect anyone to believe that one lone old man shows up in camp, rips the dreams out from under these assclowns, and they just peacefully leave without even looking at the lease or spending $1000 on a lawyer? None of the guys took a swing at Todd for getting them in this mess? The 30 year old excavator fired right up after sitting in three months of below zero didn't even kill the battery? They buy a $30,000 pump and only get a 20' hose?

And that the Hoffman's just happened to have already been looking into another claim?

The rest of the season is going to be split between Jack's crew at porcupine creek, the old guy and his grandson across the river, and Klondike Todd and his dad telling everybody how rich they'll be one day once their water permit "mysteriously" gets approved.

ProWraps

Just watched the first show and I quit. This is completely scripted and poorly acted. Do they really expect anyone to believe that one lone old man shows up in camp, rips the dreams out from under these assclowns, and they just peacefully leave without even looking at the lease or spending $1000 on a lawyer? None of the guys took a swing at Todd for getting them in this mess? The 30 year old excavator fired right up after sitting in three months of below zero didn't even kill the battery? They buy a $30,000 pump and only get a 20' hose?

And that the Hoffman's just happened to have already been looking into another claim?

The rest of the season is going to be split between Jack's crew at porcupine creek, the old guy and his grandson across the river, and Klondike Todd and his dad telling everybody how rich they'll be one day once their water permit "mysteriously" gets approved.

ok im on team pat. lets go dig.

no guts no glorrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy!

ps, yeah the show was crap. i believe star wars more now than that **** show.