• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing a Magenta

Keelan

Killing two birds with one stone, Intoduction and problem solving.

Hi I'm Keelan, new to the site. Have seen it quite a few times when searching for problems so thought it would be worth while to join

I have a JV33 bulk fed water based system. My left magenta stopped working. I have flushed the line, put a new head, pump, capping unit, print leads and slider-board in.
I still have only the right magenta working. I changed the damper with no luck. Swapped the left magenta with the cyan next to it and worked so there is nothing wrong with the line.
Seems to be a signal that tell it to fire that is not happening.

Any help appreciated

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have a new capping unit in. It's not even trying to print a bit.

So you replaced the entire capping station? Normally people just change the cap top so I just want to be sure. It is still probably a capping issue. Try crimping 1 of the waste tubes and then pull with a syringe from the other tube while the head is docked. You should get major resistance and if you let go of the syringe it should pop back. If you pull and get a lot of air and not a lot of resistance, the cap isn't sealing properly. It might be ink build up on the head so check that first.

Keelan

Checked that too, good resistance.

I'm somewhat thinking it may be a fuse of some description, that's not telling that part of the head to fire??
Maybe a possibility to get the main board tested for this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is no fuse that controls just 1 channel on that machine and in 9 years of working on machines I have never seen a damaged cable affect only 1 channel as well. There is a chance that a transistor on the main board has failed but usually you get major streaking in that case. I would check the nipple that the damper is placed on to make sure it isn't cracked or broken in any way as that could be causing the issue. You could always pull some magenta ink with a syringe and gently push it into the head where the damper would normally connect. This will put ink into the head and it should fire a little bit. That way you can isolate if it is electrical or ink flow.

Keelan

I swapped the magenta and cyan damper over and it sent magenta through the cyan part of the head perfectly.
I wasn't sure about pushing ink directly into it, I did think about it, only I wouldn't have the easiest of touch :)
Something is still telling me its electrical like a transistor. I think I seen 8? That would be one for each part of the head. Am I right in saying that?