• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

missing text curser in flexi 8.5

expresssign

ok, running windows vista and flexi 8.5 on a couple machines and the text curser, flashing bar, whatever you want to call it is gone and been gone for a while. its getting to be a big inconvenience.

when you select the text tool, click on a page to insert text, you cant see where you are at on the page until you type. also when you click on text or a text paragraph, you cant tell where you are located in the text until you start typing.

any ideas here? is there someway to turn this on and off? i cant find out how it left at all???

help!!

expresssign

ok, gotta bump this one. no one has had this problem? its happening (has been for a long time) on all three of our new 64bit vista systems....

Drip Dry

Did you try clearing all preferences.
You access it from the start menu. You should take note of the existing preferences before you clear it.

It fixes alot of the weird things that happen.

Also, though I'm not in front of it now, but I think there may be a preference setting for the text tool cursor.

JT

expresssign

i cleared everything....

thanks, i had looked there before but looked again just in case. i cant find anything that says anything about the text curser. i cleared everything anyway, on every tab, restarted, and still no text curser.

any other ideas? i even reinstalled it the other day on one machine and still nada.

so, i guess this is also another bump for todays eyes to see if they know what happened!

Attachments

• flexi.jpg
    flexi.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 82

expresssign

as soon as i find out, i will post it for sure. i have looked everywhere and cant solve it. it didnt happen until we switched over to new vista 64bit pcs a few months back and havent been able to track it down yet. i hope the 64bit doesnt have anything to do with it. i know sometimes that makes a difference on some stuff, but everything works fine, and the curser is only missing in flexi. works fine in photoshop cs4, illustrator cs4, word, outlook, etc.... no problems.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Try a search, I believe someone posted about this issue within the last year. Not sure what the fix was if any.