• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mobile banking...have you used it?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I just got caught up with the 21st century three months ago with a smartphone. The (seemingly, very young) gal at the bank gave me the spiel about how easy it is to use their mobile app for managing our account, and making deposits with just a quick photo snap of my customer's checks.

Absolutely baffled, I told her I had no clue about that stuff whatsoever. She politely asked for my phone, and within one minute she had the app downloaded and gave me concise instructions about how to use it.

Skeptical, I gave it a whirl this morning since the weather has been crappy and I really didn't want to make the ten-mile trip into town to do my banking. I gotta say I'm quite impressed. I had my banking done quicker than it would have taken to warm up the car.

Now...if they could only get it to work with cash deposits.

JB

bernie

Seems when I'm in a hurry and need to log into my account on my computer, the bank wants things updated ... I doubt my ranting would go over real well if I had to deal with this on my smart
phone too.
My frustration level doesn't sit so well with all this online stuff. The younger generation seems to have much more patience than I do.
Bernie

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
My frustration level doesn't sit so well with all this online stuff. The younger generation seems to have much more patience than I do.

Technology has its place and it's definitely not the end in and of itself, but rather the means. I have a techno-averse relative who harbors (severely) ill feelings toward most technological progress. I try to embrace the helpful aspects and shun what doesn't really improve the quality of life...or the bottom line.

On a side note...a few friends of mine have been sporting fitness trackers on their wrists...perhaps more of a fashion statement than health consciousness, I suppose. I've been tempted to make the jump toward one, but after reading the reviews I think I'll stick with my paper/pencil journal method I've been using for years.

JB

Guerilla Signs

It depends on your bank. I have all my accounts at the local credit union and love it. My church has their account at a local bank and every time I turn around I am having to think up a new password for the account. It drives me crazy. They require it to be changed every three months I believe.

bernie

That is probably the key ... where you do your banking. I deal with 2 different banks and they are always wanting updates, asking for another phone number and password changes. Every 90 days is what its supposed to be but, I'm not so sure its not happening more often. I usually call and complain. It's not only thinking up a new password and their computer system deciding that its a strong enough password, its remembering it! And remembering to call the bookkeeper and giving it to her.