• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion Mojave/Nekoosa Vinyl

HTGR505b

3 weeks ago we lettered a 2021 Transit van with printed graphics and lettering on white Mojave/Nekoosa brand vinyl. We usually use Oracal vinyl, but was unable to get the product in the time frame our client wanted his truck lettered. Worked all weekend to make sure the customer had his truck to roll on Monday. Two weeks later he came back with the graphics "falling" off his vehicle. Does anyone have any comment on this product? Unfortunately, this leaves a negative impression on us, although we have been in business over 30 years. I have never seen this happen before. HELP!!

unclebun

Maybe you had one of their "revolutionary new low-tack removable vinyl" products that predominate their website?

MikePro

unknown vinyl, unknown application, and other unknown surface & environmental conditions.... to comment.
best help i can give, is advise to redo the van with vinyl you can trust. I've driven across state lines to pickup rolls of arlon/3M/oracal when it wasn't in a timely stock, or simply planned my installation around when I would actually have material handy.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Our policy is that we only use name brand products. Oracal, 3m, Avery Dennison, Arlon. We have had some issues with orafol autowrap from time to time, but it's ok.
I only use nekoosa brand transfer tape.

signheremd

If it was a wrap vinyl, then I must ask if you post form heated it. Many wrap vinyls have grooves to release air and adhesive that is light initial tack; these often require heat to fully activate the adhesive and to allow it to permanently cling to contours (otherwise the vinyl tries to return to its original form - flat). When heating, a little heat causes it to shrink back when stretched, more causes it to hold a new shape and activate the adhesive, more yet burns or scorches it... We use a lot of Arlon Cast Wrap SLX and without post form heating it would certainly start to let go - and yet it is an awesome product that will last years.