• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moon or shadow effect in lettering.

How do I create this effect. Brand New to Corel.

Attachments

• Shadow.jpg
    Shadow.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 145

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
There are a few ways to do this.
You could draw a block, curve the top path and then powerclip it inside the letters.
This is quick but to adjust you have to drill down into the powerclip to do the editing.

A second way is to:
Type your text - set the fill to a gradient
Draw a 2 point curve across the letters
Use the smart fill tool to create the lower cut off shapes.
Delete the cutting curve
This way it is a little easier to edit with the shapes on top.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• moon.jpg
    moon.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 82

Joe Diaz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNxKnLmOH4

LOL In all seriousness Wayne hit the nail on the head.

I like using Powerclip if I know that the artwork wont ever be sent to someone else and need to be opened and edited in another program other than DRAW, sometimes features like that don't transfer over right. Anytime I'm creating a logo for someone else, when I need to turn over the design in many different file formats, it's important to know the limitation of those formats, and so I design logos with that in mind. So I may go with the second method Wayne posted if that is the case. That being said, the advantage of using Powerclip is that it's easier to edit if you need to. So let's say in this example you want to change that curve. It's much easier to manipulate that shape within the Powerclip to get the results you are after. In Wayne's second method you have to repeat the entire process if you want to change that curve, which may not be a huge deal for this example, but imagine doing a more complex set of steps to achieve a certain look. That is when Powerclip is a powerful tool to have.