• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mopar Paint Code to Printer?

2B

a customer has provided their Mopar paint code 68183829AB.

are there any suggestions on how to convert this to a usable Color Code?
or where to get a good image of the paint code?

this will be used as a solid background

MikePro

I've yet to find a simple solution, just dealt with this on a few recent colorchange wraps and the best way is to just to request access to the paint chip book from a local dealer/repairshop and cross-reference with your own PMS/Paint/miscColor book to find your target.

unclebun

That color is granite Crystal Metallic
2014-wk2-granite-crystal-metallic-door-handles-pau-40.jpg

You'll never be able to reproduce it with a CMYK printer. All you can make is essentially a battleship gray, which really won't look the same at all. If you need a sample of the paint you can buy a touch up paint for about $15, brush it out on a piece of aluminum and make a color match to that with your printer by trial and error.

2B

thanks for the suggestions, however for a pair of magnets too much labor & time.
we will have to look for another option, to get close.

unclebun

If it's for a set of magnetics, just sheet them with medium charcoal metallic and call it a day. Or maybe dark charcoal metallic.

2B

If we stocked either of those colors, yes that would be ideal.

but their logo requires it to be printed.

BUCKY

Can you print it on Metallic Silver vinyl? That would be your best bet. We do it all the time to get close to paint colors.