• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Product More Attentive

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I am on a mission to begin to work with one Signs101 member by the end of February 2021.

Let’s start with my favorite topic.
Be More Attentive. (aka Listen)

The goal is for everyone in your group to be more attentive. This alone will help to get more done faster and better with a lot less stress. More efficiency.

Let’s talk about the financial cost to you for this service. It is simple economics. Supply and demand. I have enough supply to work with one sign maker. We shall see if there is any demand. For the one who works with me, consider our first effort to be a free sample.

We will develop the details about how all of this will work one step at a time. Every situation is different. Right now, the first question is, do you want your group to be more attentive. If so, let’s have a private conversation.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How can I listen in, if all you wanna do is have private conversations.

I'm starting to think this is not a real helpful solution.​

Mike Drysdale

I am on a mission to begin to work with one Signs101 member by the end of February 2021.

Let’s start with my favorite topic.
Be More Attentive. (aka Listen)

The goal is for everyone in your group to be more attentive. This alone will help things to get more done faster and better with a lot less stress. More efficiency.

Let’s talk about the financial cost to you for this service. It is simple economics. Supply and demand. I have enough supply to work with one sign maker. We shall see if there is any demand. For the one who works with me, consider our first effort to be a free sample.

We will develop the details about how all of this will work one step at a time. Every situation is different. Right now, the first question is, do you want your group to be more attentive. If so, let’s have a private conversation.

Hey all: This a fantastic offer, I know because I and my partner work with Robert on a weekly basis. The value he provides is well worth the cost and we have been with him for a long time. We discuss many areas of sign shop management and operation and have found the discussions very valuable. Listening is the basis of all our communication and we frequently redress this subject. Send a post to Robert and request a private discussion with him, it will be well worth your time. He is very generous with his time. Mike Drysdale, Millers Vinyl Graphics

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
No offence, but with all of Roberts going on and on about websites and Google searching... he is missing an important conversation with you on that part. :covereyes:

Mike Drysdale

How can I listen in, if all you wanna do is have private conversations.

I'm starting to think this is not a real helpful solution.​
Hi Gino: As a long-time lurker on this forum. I find a lot of useless attacks by many (usually not you) members on the forum. Private conversations are best, regarding areas you may need to improve and open up with a tough conversation. Robert is very good at having tough conversations without attacking or denigrating you personally. He is very good about discussing areas to improve and areas you need to address. All the best and Stay Safe, Mike Drysdale

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hi Gino: As a long-time lurker on this forum. I find a lot of useless attacks by many (usually not you) members on the forum. Private conversations are best, regarding areas you may need to improve and open up with a tough conversation. Robert is very good at having tough conversations without attacking or denigrating you personally. He is very good about discussing areas to improve and areas you need to address. All the best and Stay Safe, Mike Drysdale

That's all well and good, but how does his private talks with you help me or anyone else ?? He preaches about listening and most of the time, I do, but not near as much as I listen to what is being said and trying to perceive what the other person(s) is/are saying or asking. Almost always, I am taking notes while talking, whether it be in person or over the phone. This starts a back & forth conversation. If I'm listening, how do I know the other person is listening ?? This ain't what came first.... the chicken or the egg, but it's plain natural conversation.

Myself, I have tried countless times to know what robert talks about, but he talks in circles and that bothers me. I'm saying this here, because you brought it up here in the open. I've had these conversation with him and it always ends in his saying something to the effect, well, however you see it and can make it fit. How does that help a danged thing ??

He brings nothing to the table but riddles. When I try to break them down, he talks down to me. He doesn't know he is, but a teacher..... or let's say a good teacher has multiple ways of getting his/her teachings across the the pupil. He doesn't. He has one way. He repeats it and repeats it and if you can't understand him, he drops you. Now..... perhaps you are a 'YES' man and just give lip service. I don't know. Not me. I will ask, ask and ask some more til I understand. Does that mean I'm not listening or someone is not conveying what they are trying to convey ??

Stay safe yourself, too.​

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Gino You and I have had many conversations. Seldom do we fully understand each other.
When it comes to being More Attentive, the core idea is really quite simple. Being able to pay attention when you want to. It has to start there. After that, the conversation can go in hundreds of different directions.
Gino, let me ask you, have I been clear about the starting point? Or, as you see it, is it still not clear?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino You and I have had many conversations. Seldom do we fully understand each other.
When it comes to being More Attentive, the core idea is really quite simple. Being able to pay attention when you want to. It has to start there. After that, the conversation can go in hundreds of different directions.
Gino, let me ask you, have I been clear about the starting point? Or, as you see it, is it still not clear?

Robert, that's my whole point.

I am on a mission to begin to work with one Signs101 member by the end of February 2021. Okay, you're on a mission. Gotcha

Let’s start with my favorite topic. Be More Attentive. (aka Listen) Same kinda beginning as always Gotcha

The goal is for everyone in your group to be more attentive. This alone will help to get more done faster and better with a lot less stress. More efficiency. What, listening or being more attentive ?? Don't gatcha Aslo, says who it will singlehandedly ??

Let’s talk about the financial cost to you for this service. It is simple economics. Supply and demand. I have enough supply to work with one sign maker. We shall see if there is any demand. For the one who works with me, consider our first effort to be a free sample. Is this where you want a volunteer ?? What supply do you have and of what ?? I don't see a demand for something I don't even know about ??

We will develop the details about how all of this will work one step at a time. Every situation is different. Right now, the first question is, do you want your group to be more attentive. If so, let’s have a private conversation. On what level is this group you speak of supposed to be more attentive ?? With every situation different, how i the world is this gonna assist anyone except a one-on-one scenario ??

Again, I'm not trying to be funny here. This makes absolutely no sense to me..... anyway, not on a business level. Perhaps, if I was like this to my wife, it might help things, but I've had 40 years practice and that's not gonna change now. I know she won't giver-in and I think you can see, I don't know what you're talking about, so how's this supposed to help...... anyone. Can you give some examples, some definitions, some scenarios, some tried and true success stories ?? Just something so I can understand this stuff.

I mean, must everyone in the shop stop what they're doing and listen to you ?? I don't get anything done or accomplished, other than say, I listened ??

C'mon man, put some thought into this stuff so we can muddle through it.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I used to have attention issues years ago, a nice big dose of Ritalin once or twice a day solved them. Sometimes if that didn't work, I'd crush and snort the pills in the school library.

Last edited:

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Robert, that's my whole point.

I am on a mission to begin to work with one Signs101 member by the end of February 2021. Okay, you're on a mission. Gotcha

Let’s start with my favorite topic. Be More Attentive. (aka Listen) Same kinda beginning as always Gotcha

The goal is for everyone in your group to be more attentive. This alone will help to get more done faster and better with a lot less stress. More efficiency. What, listening or being more attentive ?? Don't gatcha Aslo, says who it will singlehandedly ??

Let’s talk about the financial cost to you for this service. It is simple economics. Supply and demand. I have enough supply to work with one sign maker. We shall see if there is any demand. For the one who works with me, consider our first effort to be a free sample. Is this where you want a volunteer ?? What supply do you have and of what ?? I don't see a demand for something I don't even know about ??

We will develop the details about how all of this will work one step at a time. Every situation is different. Right now, the first question is, do you want your group to be more attentive. If so, let’s have a private conversation. On what level is this group you speak of supposed to be more attentive ?? With every situation different, how i the world is this gonna assist anyone except a one-on-one scenario ??

Again, I'm not trying to be funny here. This makes absolutely no sense to me..... anyway, not on a business level. Perhaps, if I was like this to my wife, it might help things, but I've had 40 years practice and that's not gonna change now. I know she won't giver-in and I think you can see, I don't know what you're talking about, so how's this supposed to help...... anyone. Can you give some examples, some definitions, some scenarios, some tried and true success stories ?? Just something so I can understand this stuff.

I mean, must everyone in the shop stop what they're doing and listen to you ?? I don't get anything done or accomplished, other than say, I listened ??

C'mon man, put some thought into this stuff so we can muddle through it.
Gino I see that you ask ten questions. Let's start with your first question and see if I am able to answer to your satisfaction. "What, listening or being more attentive??"
Deciding to be "More Attentive" is like the switch on the wall. It is either on or off. Any of us, in any conversation, can decide which way we want the switch. If the switch is off, then the conversation will go nowhere. If the switch is on, then the conversation has a good chance to be productive.
Have I answered your first question or not?

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino I see that you ask ten questions. Let's start with your first question and see if I am able to answer to your satisfaction. "What, listening or being more attentive??"
Deciding to be "More Attentive" is like the switch on the wall. It is either on or off. Any of us, in any conversation, can decide which way we want the switch. If the switch is off, then the conversation will go nowhere. If the switch is on, then the conversation has a good chance to be productive.
Have I answered your first question or not?

No.

Robert, when you say a light switch, this is what you offer up. Regardless of which switch I push, it's most likely, always gonna be wrong. It's set up to fail, by your very own words. However, maybe I'd be lucky and hit the one you wanna talk about. It's a hit & miss game with you. See how many possibilities there are here ?? Which one do you want me to hit so we're on the same wave length ??

5dca2cfd9b3d74789.jpg

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
No.

Robert, when you say a light switch, this is what you offer up. Regardless of which switch I push, it's most likely, always gonna be wrong. It's set up to fail, by your very own words. However, maybe I'd be lucky and hit the one you wanna talk about. It's a hit & miss game with you. See how many possibilities there are here ?? Which one do you want me to hit so we're on the same wave length ??

5dca2cfd9b3d74789.jpg
Gino Again, we seldom understand each other. Let's take your bank of switches. Let's focus on the "Driving Lights." That switch is either on or off. Now, with the "Driving Lights" image, let's bring that to the topic of being attentive. Let me ask you to think about the people who work for you. As you see it, are all of your people always as attentive as you would like them to be? As you see it, is the attentive (Driving Lights) switch on or off?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The word game riddles is what throws people off.

Listening and being attentive is one thing... but the person doing the talking needs to know how to convey information in a clear and concise manor... Robert is the opposite of that.

Z SIGNS

I don't think there are that many dumb lost souls on this forum that don't no how to listen. You might have better luck drumming up business at a place like the Rescue Mission. You kinda remind me of one those TV evangelists.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino Again, we seldom understand each other. Let's take your bank of switches. Let's focus on the "Driving Lights." That switch is either on or off. Now, with the "Driving Lights" image, let's bring that to the topic of being attentive. Let me ask you to think about the people who work for you. As you see it, are all of your people always as attentive as you would like them to be? As you see it, is the attentive (Driving Lights) switch on or off?

As you say, I listen, I read and I comment, but we don't understand each other. If you are the teacher, does that mean I'm doing things wrong ?? Or, you can't get your point across ??

Alright, so 'driving lights' it is. My lights are on, somebody's home and now you want me to read other peoples' minds. As for workers, usually everyone's driving lights are on, if I have my work orders and morning talks and occasional talks throughout the day going well. I am constantly checking on people, asking them questions along the way. I don't micro-mange, but I ask questions throughout any of the processes. I can see the progress. I can see mistakes. I can tell when someone is lost or confused. No one is afraid t ask me things. In fact, there are times when they will correct me or question some of my points.

So, I must say, their driving light are generally on and well aimed. We are not having casual conversations and finding out what he brought for lunch or how her kids are doing in school. Its a questions and answers routine for the most part of projects. Attentive ?? Focused ?? Listening ??

The only thing or time I'm worried about if someone is not listening or attentive is around tools, saws, drill presses, shears, and whatnot. That's when you need full attention in your high beams. Talk is cheap and mistakes can be fixed. Missing digits and limbs,l not so. All the talking and listening in the world cannot prepare you for that part.

Am I catching your drift...... I don't think so. Like mentioned earlier and as I've said over and over again, this is nothing more than a play on words Get to the point man and try to either teach us, help us or make some danged sense.​

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
As you say, I listen, I read and I comment, but we don't understand each other. If you are the teacher, does that mean I'm doing things wrong ?? Or, you can't get your point across ??

Alright, so 'driving lights' it is. My lights are on, somebody's home and now you want me to read other peoples' minds. As for workers, usually everyone's driving lights are on, if I have my work orders and morning talks and occasional talks throughout the day going well. I am constantly checking on people, asking them questions along the way. I don't micro-mange, but I ask questions throughout any of the processes. I can see the progress. I can see mistakes. I can tell when someone is lost or confused. No one is afraid t ask me things. In fact, there are times when they will correct me or question some of my points.

So, I must say, their driving light are generally on and well aimed. We are not having casual conversations and finding out what he brought for lunch or how her kids are doing in school. Its a questions and answers routine for the most part of projects. Attentive ?? Focused ?? Listening ??

The only thing or time I'm worried about if someone is not listening or attentive is around tools, saws, drill presses, shears, and whatnot. That's when you need full attention in your high beams. Talk is cheap and mistakes can be fixed. Missing digits and limbs,l not so. All the talking and listening in the world cannot prepare you for that part.

Am I catching your drift...... I don't think so. Like mentioned earlier and as I've said over and over again, this is nothing more than a play on words Get to the point man and try to either teach us, help us or make some danged sense.​
Gino It sounds like all of the people who work for you are as attentive as you would like them to be. It also is clear that you have no interest in my coaching/training. I'm fine with that. Out of the 60,000 plus members of this forum, there may be a few, one or two, who would like to make some progress in their in-house communication skills. Then again, maybe all of them have no need, just as you have no need. And, I'm fine with that.
Gino, it all starts with that one switch. Either the attention is turned on or off. In your case, it is always turned on. Kudos to you.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I don't think there are that many dumb lost souls on this forum that don't no how to listen. You might have better luck drumming up business at a place like the Rescue Mission. You kinda remind me of one those TV evangelists.
Z SIGNS Thank you for your feedback. As I understand you, there is absolutely no room to improve. I respect your viewpoint. I just happen to think that there is room to improve. And, I happen to think that if an individual will not decide to pay attention, improvement is impossible. Feel free to disagree.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino It sounds like all of the people who work for you are as attentive as you would like them to be. It also is clear that you have no interest in my coaching/training. I'm fine with that. Out of the 60,000 plus members of this forum, there may be a few, one or two, who would like to make some progress in their in-house communication skills. Then again, maybe all of them have no need, just as you have no need. And, I'm fine with that.
Gino, it all starts with that one switch. Either the attention is turned on or off. In your case, it is always turned on. Kudos to you.

robert, again you are not reading or comprehending what I'm writing/saying. Are you not listening or are you closing down before you delve further into it ??

Just because I might not need your services or care to look into them with your 5 minute phone call, is not what I'm talking about. Remember robert, this is all about listening and trying to hear/read what the other the person is saying. You seem to be hanging up your hat without any real input or concern when it comes to me. You are not following your own advice. There have been a myriad of people who suggest or have the same concern about you and your appraoch as myself. Ya know the old saying, eat sh!t..... a million flies can't be wrong. well, all these members can't be wrong, either. I want to see you survive and prosper here, cause you might have some good points. You just have a very strange way of communicating and getting anything across to people. If you really read my posts and my PMs, they've all been about your approach and weird way of proposing your phone calls or helping points. I'm trying to pull out of you what you are trying to do. You said recently, yur plate was full and that was great, but you already seem to be looking for more pupils. Isn't a classroom better than a one-on-one ?? More input, more questions and more help to be passed around, instead of such small opportunities with a one-on-one session. I'm not trying to cram your style, but if you can't listen, why should anyone on this side ?? You're very contradictory. Is that what you are striving for with all of this ??

Believe me, my switch is on and and it's running on full power with a whole lotta generator power in backup, just in case.

C'mon man, lighten up and let us all in on these mysterious dealings. Maybe then, we'd have more incentive if we knew what you were talking about.​