• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

More contour cutting problems

I printed some 4' stripes today and decided to try the "Segmented Area" 6 point registration marks, since someone in another thread suggested that would help the cutting accuracy on longer runs. First I loaded it in the cutter, and got a media error message. I reloaded, and then got an "HP-GL error 1" message. I continued to get the HP-GL error so I switched to GP-GL mode and got an error there too. I finally restarted everything and put it back into HP-GL and sheet mode and it seemed to be ok. I ran the job, it found the marks and then proceeded to cut everything 1/2" too high. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I take a sledge hammer to this thing.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated... I've wasted a whole day and a ton of material still trying to make this cutter work. I tried to do a firmware update, but when I start the cutter up in the update mode, it disappears from my printers and devices in my computer and turns into an "unknown device", which won't allow the new firmware to transfer to it. I reset it to factory settings, and went through and set everything up again. That worked for the first unlaminated test job I sent to it. But then the next job I sent wouldn't read the marks, so I covered them in scotch tape, and it worked great. The next job I did the same thing with the scotch tape, and it cut everything completed skewed and wrong.

AF

What machine do you have?
What OS are you running?
Network or USB?
DHCP or Static?
What media / thickness are you trying to cut?

could be any number of things going wrong, including user error.

Jburns

Before you cut another sheet, you shoud:

1. Take the blade out, and run with an empty holder at a slow speed ( Contour cut slow) and see if its on the right track, or:
2. Run with an ink pen attachment.
3. run the X Y Calibration for the ARMS system. The instructions are in the manual- and I have the practice sheet from Graphtec if you need it.

My FC7000 cut off until I set the X-Y cal with the ink pen attachment. Also on yours there is a sensitivity setting for the ARMS.

Hope that helps.

What machine do you have?
What OS are you running?
Network or USB?
DHCP or Static?
What media / thickness are you trying to cut?

could be any number of things going wrong, including user error.

Sorry, I guess I left out some important details. Graphtec CE5000-120, Windows 7, Flexi 12, USB connection, cutting laminated reflective printed on an HP L25500

Before you cut another sheet, you shoud:

1. Take the blade out, and run with an empty holder at a slow speed ( Contour cut slow) and see if its on the right track, or:
2. Run with an ink pen attachment.
3. run the X Y Calibration for the ARMS system. The instructions are in the manual- and I have the practice sheet from Graphtec if you need it.

My FC7000 cut off until I set the X-Y cal with the ink pen attachment. Also on yours there is a sensitivity setting for the ARMS.

Hope that helps.

If you have the practice sheet that would be great. I'll order the pen attachment tonight, I have one for my Gerber but not the Graphtec.

Jburns

Here you go. For mine, it took about 4 or five tries to get it dialed in:

Attachments

• ARMS OFFSET TEST PAGE.pdf
    31.7 KB · Views: 380