• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting 4x8 Print Between 2 Pcs Of Acrylic For Wall

SignEx

We have customer who wants to mount a print to wall between 2 pieces of acrylic,

What would be best media for the print? vinyl, photo paper etc,

I have done smaller door plates before, But nothing this large,
The print would be a photograph of building,

they want to mount acylic to wall with standoffs and have print between the 2 pieces of acrylic,

any input would be appreciated,

thanks mark

Billct2

Do they want to be able to change it? If not, I'd do a reverse print on acrylic, and skip the back panel.

gvozden

yup, reverse print on clear and laminate with plain white and all that mount on back of first acrylic plate. No need for second , only if you need thickness for spacers..

henryz

You could print white and apply to the back sheet first surface, We use an 9 mil. polyester material direct print of a roll but I'm don't know how that would work or if it will sag because of the size.

DSTRUCT

I do this alot, I print to polypropylene, then apply an optically clear roll able adhesive (viewbond) to the surface. I will mount that to the back of the first piece of acrylic. After this I apply a roll able adhesive like Instabond to the back of the print. I manually join the acrylic pieces together, then run through the rollers of my press. Next I drill holes for stand offs.