• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting a banner to the side of a steel building

treb5555

Good morning,

Wondering if anybody has a preferred method or bracket available to hang a 3' x 6' banner to the side of a rib steel sided building. I am thinking (with the building owners approval) of a angle bracket to tie the webbing to, but attaching the bracket to the building using the existing siding fasteners, to prevent needing additional holes in the building. Just checking for anything you guys have done or know doesn't work.

Thanks very much in advance.

smdgrfx

Fender washer and Teks screws...don't overthink it. When they are ready to remove it, just put some silicone in the holes left behind. It's not noticeable. If it were a high dollar building, it would not be a metal building....

OldPaint

OR......see ig there is EXISTING building screws.......that you can unscrew, put banner/fender washer.....and run bacl in existing hole. heres a note for ya: metal building are 36" wide.........so finding existing screws at 72" & 36"........aint hard to do!!!

Billct2

If they will be using additional banners in the future setting up permanent brackets like you suggest is a good idea. Paint them to match the building and put a little silicone in the holes to be sure they're sealed.

hehe

Attachments

• magnety.jpg
    magnety.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 246

Pat Whatley

What OP said.

We've also taken the heavy duty D-link hangers from Lowe's, backed out screws from the building, then reinstalled the screws with the hangers on them. Gives them a permanent tie down point and does no damage at all to the building. Kind of like what you're wanting to do with the angle brackets. Should work out just fine.