• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting Adhesive

Ditchmiester

Looking for a quality optically clear mounting adhesive to use to laminate Poly-carbonate to Polypropylene. I've seen some from Kapco and D&K but just looking to see what everyone else out there uses and which ones are the best. Also looking for rolls in the 48"+ size.

Ditchmiester

Because i'm printing directly to the poly-carbonate on a solvent printer and using the polypropylene as my base substrate.

chafro

drytac mediatac adhesive is actually very clear for these kind of applications.

Not for face mounting but clear enough for this kind of application and very decent price.

They have up to 61".

I use it to mount backlight on PETG, plexiglass. and also to mount lexan film on white PVC boards.

Last edited:

Ditchmiester

Chafro - Thanks very much for the info I will take a look at the Drytac material. I'm going to be laminating 4x8 sheets of lexan to 4x8 sheets of polypropylene. Do you suggest using a laminator with heat?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Because i'm printing directly to the poly-carbonate on a solvent printer and using the polypropylene as my base substrate.

If you print to the polypropylene and you use polycarbonate laminate you will be able to be more profitable and polypropylene should image better then the polycarbonate. It cost more to put a coating on then an adhesive that's all. What's the application, tradeshow?

Ditchmiester

In a perfect world we would be able to afford a true flatbed printer now and be able to get into digital printing that way instead of the traditional screen printing that we do now. But to eliminate screen printing small orders and digital print them we want to print on a rolled substrate and mount to sheets and then cut down to size. Because an Epson or HP roll printer is under 20k compared to 75k and up for a new flatbed. Now we do have a ColorSpan 72UVR but for the small text we print the quality isn't there. We do use it print to painted aluminum for our larger signs.