• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting Posts From Behind??

Sign_Boy

Hey all,
I need to mount two 4 x 4 posts to a sign.
The sign is right around 44" x 24" x 3/4".
I want to mount them in the back.
Here's an example of how I was thinking of doing it.
Anyone have any suggestions on this one?

Thanks

Attachments

• post_mounts.jpg
    post_mounts.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 142

MikePro

premount angles, vertically to the backside of the sign, and screw into the posts.
will work with/without the extra 2x4's on the back.

Sign_Boy

OK so it looks like angles are the way to go.
The MDO is only 3/4" - I'll have to use short screws to connect the angle to the back of the sign, do you think they'll hold?

Thanks again for the tips

Craig Sjoquist

Why ?

Just screw from front with longer screws into post ..1" longer then MDO no need for braces

Cover screws with hand cut vinyl

Marlene

if you are worried about the screws pulling out, put some Goop on the angle or used a screw that you can nut from the back or both

Sign_Boy

I'd rather not go through the face of the sign "It's all paint" and almost every time I cover screw heads with cut vinyl the vinyl shrinks and doesn't look all that great.
I do have plastic washer type thingies "technical term" with a flip top cap that I could paint to match the sign - so that's an option.

If I go with the angle silicone is a great idea.

Thanks again for all the tips.

MikePro

nah, overthinking it imho.
no need to go through the face. If its 3/4" MDO, 3/4" screws should work since the thickness of the angles will keep you from drilling through the face (maybe add a washer if you're really worried about it).
Just use a few extra screws than you think you might need, or maybe another set of angles on the other side of each post.

Gold screws or deck screws will work just fine, silicone not necessary.

signage

this would help a lot. And if you find your self having to screw through the sign face, just use some gold screws, shouldn't look too bad

Colorado I guess you have never removed any sighs that had silicone used as an adhesive? What do you do just wraps?????????

HulkSmash

Colorado I guess you have never removed any sighs that had silicone used as an adhesive? What do you do just wraps?????????

Um no. Do you KNOW what you're talking about? Do you even know where the silicone is being placed? What do you do only yard signs?????????????

signage

Colorado you are the one with the bad attitude! You started the same thing on the post about installing a sign with posts!

HulkSmash

Colorado you are the one with the bad attitude! You started the same thing on the post about installing a sign with posts!

Bad attitude? Are you kidding. I made a suggestion, no i AGREED with a suggestion, and you came back insulting me?

yesterday my suggestion i made was right, and would work just fine.

If you cant take it DONT dish it..

some people..