• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moveable sign base supplier ???

moonrakercat

I have a customer in southern ontario that wants some signage to designate material storage in his exterior lot - they want some exterior small (5' high) signs on posts that they can place on the pavement and possibly move around as needed. I don't know what to use for the bases of these ?? I have touched base with yms in toronto and they have a plastic base that can be filled with water or sand - however not sure if this is a good idea as water will crack the base in the winter and sand is a pain to put in. ND graphics has nothing. Any ideas as to where I can find something for my customer would be appreciated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Take an empty 5 gallon paint bucket, fill it with concrete, stick your post in it and make sure it stays plumb.

Another way is to take a large truck tire, put a temporary base under it and fill it with concrete, stick your post in it and make sure it stays plumb.

BobM

I've used "donut spare tires" with a 2" pipe welded in the middle. Just heavy enough and easy to move.

ams

How about these? I just did these for a customer, it's cast iron so it's quite heavy I believe 25 pounds and it has wheels to move it around as needed. It has flat bar with holes to attach your sign to.

ams

Attachment didn't work

Attachments

• IMG_6022.JPG
    IMG_6022.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 170

PenSigns

these work great. we've sold some for car dealerships. they have a wheel attachment that makes moving them easy and they are good and solid so they stay put once in place.
We get requests for this, where did you get them?
But if they are only available in the US, will cost a fortune to bring up to Canada... :-/

equippaint

Someone told me the other day that either grainger or uline has some plastic ones that you fill with something - sand etc. Probably cost 10x what they should. They look decent though.

Sign consultant

Take an empty 5 gallon paint bucket, fill it with concrete, stick your post in it and make sure it stays plumb.

Another way is to take a large truck tire, put a temporary base under it and fill it with concrete, stick your post in it and make sure it stays plumb.

Will really work...

PenSigns

Grimco sells them and I think they are in Canada too.
Thanks Marlene, yes we do have Grimco in Canada, but not nearly the production selection of state-side, and they don't carry them unfortunately, I just checked - . The Traffic Sign Store says shipping would be about $135 US :D ya, not! Somebody probably carries them or something similar up here, I'll keep looking