• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving a Roland VP-540

JgS

When moving a Roland Vp-540 do you really need to drain the ink from the printer? The printer may be tilted slightly to fit in an elevator then take a ride in the back of a box truck.

I have some old cleaning cartridges that are at least half full am I able to reuse those to flush the ink, or do I need to get new ones?

Anyone ever move one of these?

rjssigns

If the printer won't be unplugged more than a few hours I wouldn't be concerned. IIRC my SP540 self cleans every eight hours.
Make sure you immobilize the head with the special bracket before moving.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have moved maybe 20 printers with the ink still inside. Just make sure you take the waste bottle out and shove some paper towels up there and tape it. This will prevent any little leaks that may happen. Other than that just move it like you normally would. Make sure the head is locked down especially if you are going to tip it.