Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving an HP L25500 Printer

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Subysti, May 17, 2019.

1. Subysti

Subysti New Member

May 16, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Hello all, New to all this so I will make this quick. Purchased a used but working HP L25500 to get started doing vehicle graphics. Doing powersports, ATV, motorcycles, sled and the like. Tried using the desktop inkjets and found out the hard way that latex is a must as a minimum. I know its old and discontinued but hoping to get a few months out of it to upgrade to something newer. My question is in moving it from its current owner to my place. I see its over 400lbs so I'm wondering if it can be disassembled somehow so 2 people can move it. Do the rollers come off, heaters, the stand, etc etc? Issue is it will have to go down a flight of stairs and in to a truck without a liftgate. thanks

Tags:
  2. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    You can remove the stand, everything else requires opening the case ends.

I would second guess buying a L25, there is no consumables available other than 3rd party inks. Unless it's free its not worth anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Subysti

Subysti New Member

May 16, 2019
    Massachusetts
    OK I canceled getting the HP after seeing how hard it is to find supplies for it. Thanks for the info. Now looking at some Mutoh Value Jets.

4. buffalocanvas

buffalocanvas New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Buffalo, NY
    I have a HP L260 for sale if interested, newer generation than the L25500.

5. Subysti

Subysti New Member

May 16, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Well that would be nice except you're at least 6 hours away and moving that beast would take a few people. What is the condition of the printer and price?