• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving an HP L25500 Printer

Subysti

Hello all, New to all this so I will make this quick. Purchased a used but working HP L25500 to get started doing vehicle graphics. Doing powersports, ATV, motorcycles, sled and the like. Tried using the desktop inkjets and found out the hard way that latex is a must as a minimum. I know its old and discontinued but hoping to get a few months out of it to upgrade to something newer. My question is in moving it from its current owner to my place. I see its over 400lbs so I'm wondering if it can be disassembled somehow so 2 people can move it. Do the rollers come off, heaters, the stand, etc etc? Issue is it will have to go down a flight of stairs and in to a truck without a liftgate. thanks

Christian @ 2CT Media

You can remove the stand, everything else requires opening the case ends.

I would second guess buying a L25, there is no consumables available other than 3rd party inks. Unless it's free its not worth anything.

Subysti

OK I canceled getting the HP after seeing how hard it is to find supplies for it. Thanks for the info. Now looking at some Mutoh Value Jets.

Subysti

Well that would be nice except you're at least 6 hours away and moving that beast would take a few people. What is the condition of the printer and price?