• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Moving signlab to new computer

chriswinks

Hi All

Need a bit of advice if possible

I currently use signlab 9.1 versaworks and the computer it is currently on is on its way out So i am going to use it till it gives up.
In the meantime I have set the signlab up on a new temporary laptop (just to check it will work, which it does).

It is all working and on start up it states its on a 30 day trial and it is asking me to register to unlock.

The question i need answering is : if I register on my new laptop what will happen with the signlab on the previous computer. Can two computers work off the same usb dongle ?

Thanks in advance

ArlingtonSigns

Hi All

I currently use signlab 9.1 versaworks and the computer it is currently on is on its way out So i am going to use it till it gives up.
In the meantime I have set the signlab up on a new temporary laptop (just to check it will work, which it does).

It is all working and on start up it states its on a 30 day trial and it is asking me to register to unlock.

The question i need answering is : if I register on my new laptop what will happen with the signlab on the previous computer. Can two computers work off the same usb dongle ?

Thanks in advance
I'm pretty sure you can not operate two computers (at the same time) off of one dongle key. But you should be able to use the dongle key in any computer that signlab is installed on. Just pull the dongle key out of your desktop computer and put it in the laptop.

Last edited:

jimdtg

Hi All

Thanks in advance

If you can use on laptop without registering so you should skip that step.