• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moze are these any good?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
As some may know I had an unfortunate run-in with my last set of earphones and noticed these while picking up some stuff at Home Depot:
yellow-black-dewalt-tablets-accessories-190-9935-dw2-64_1000.jpg

Reviews are mixed. 10hrs on a charge sounds good and I just listen to audiobooks so sound quality is not number one on the list. Cost is reasonable enough (I get an additional 10% off as an expired DOD employee).
I don't need a set of $200.00 earbuds that will be 100% lost or destroyed before they wear out. As a fashion statement they will go nicely with the DeWalt drill & tape measure on my low-rise hip-hugger toolbelt.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not just duct tape your old ones and keep using them ?? Stop putting your earbuds in the food drawer and you'll be fine.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I've never tried the DeWalt because they don't have great reviews. Same as BobM, I use the Aftershokz Air and love them. They're good for working in areas that you might need to be aware of surrounding voices or noises.

Last edited:

Andy D

I have had many different type of Bluetooth headsets, but the best by far are Mpow 059 Bluetooth...
Great sound, reception, tough, 20 hours long play time, comfortable & they're only around $30 on Amazon.

Last edited:

netsol

Why not just duct tape your old ones and keep using them ?? Stop putting your earbuds in the food drawer and you'll be fine.

not duct tape but a bit of heat shrink tubing. all you need is the wife's hair dryer

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
not duct tape but a bit of heat shrink tubing. all you need is the wife's hair dryer
Problem with heat shrink is I can't disconnect one of the earpieces to slide the tubing onto the wire to set it. I tried spiral cutting a piece of shrink and then hitting it with heat - it sort of worked but left gaps on each turn as it shrunk down. I think what I need is heat shrink tape - no luck finding any on island.

For now, I split the insulation off a larger wire and slipped it on like wire loom. A little cut down electrical tape on each end keeps it from opening and coming off.
I also have some liquid tape sitting around here someplace but it's green and isn't going to match my DeWalt tools at all.

netsol

heat shrink tape

https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/he...MI06ueqZqp6QIVSAiICR0_WAlTEAQYASABEgK1CvD_BwE

for example

if you can solder i can send you some tiny male & female connectors
snip in the middle. put heat shrink in place. option 2 is probably much more trouble than it is worth

cut wire short where it comes out of headset and solder a mini 3 conducter
male that will accept a 6' or whatever standard "radio shack" available cable

send it to me in nj, i will fix & send back to you

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
or....he could just buy a new pair like he was asking about and not look like a crack head with busted up headphones. Yall think too much, Happy Mother Days