• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moze probably already has it..

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
But this thing is pretty handy. Was wondering how a battery powered heat gun would preform but it does well. Nice to grab it when you need quick heat and not worry about cords all over the place.
20201219_110529.jpg

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
How long does it last on a 5AH battery? The hand held version.

Moze, keep it up and I'm buying stock in DeWalt

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I dont know cause I use it on and off. It lasts longer than you would think...if that means anything.

It does. I have an inverter in my truck so I never worried about getting one, but it sure would be nice to have one with a battery, for when you need 30 secs of heat. I think I will order one.

ikarasu

Rigids is better. It uses a mix of butane and battery so it lasts a long time. Not sure about the dewalts... But ryobi lasts 15-20 mins... Which still comes in handy, but I'd prefer the hour plus version rigid has!

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Moze, keep it up and I'm buying stock in DeWalt

They keep making them, I'll keep buying them.

Rigids is better. It uses a mix of butane and battery so it lasts a long time. Not sure about the dewalts... But ryobi lasts 15-20 mins... Which still comes in handy, but I'd prefer the hour plus version rigid has!

Agreed. I do wish DeWalt would have come out with a similar version. I like the Ridgid but not willing to add another platform. Not a big deal. I don't use it often but it does what I need it to do.

Glad I'm not the only one who has done this with a heat gun.

Does this small version fit in the 3m TSA-4 tool? Looks like that plastic shroud may need to be trimmed back a touch...

I've done it more than once lol....

No clue if it works with the 3M tool. I think you'd still want a more powerful corded one for that use unless it was a small job.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yea, the volume of heat is not near as much as corded, but for quick things its perfect. I actually am perferring the low heat volume as its easier to gauge the temp. With corded its easy to get things too hot.

Reveal1

I have the rigid - about 950F on heat and lasts about 20-30 min per refill. Battery seems to never wear down because running only blower and igniter.. Got an adapter on ebay fron an Aussie who prints them with a 3d printer, so can use with my Bosch batteries. A little bulky but one of the favorite tools in the shop.