• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

(MTR.ALM Y:POS.OVER) Error on Mimaki CJV30-160BS

N1CKY

Hi, I'm Nicky and I'm new to the forum.

The weirdest thing happened yesterday while I was busy setting up my Mimaki CJV30-160BS to print on paper.

The paper was in the machine and I was taking it back to the starting point to get it ready to be printed on, but it started creating a slight bulge on both sides where the end wheels are. So I lifted the lever to pull the paper straight and the head just shot to the left slamming into the cutting unit on the left side of the machine. It moved so fast and hit the cutter with such a force, that I thought something must've broken in the process.
I was so shocked, and my boss came to me asking what happened...
I had literally no idea. This has never happened before, and I've lifted the lever up in the same way many, many times before. We've had the machine for over 3 years now and never had a problem.

The error message "(MTR.ALM Y: POS.OVER) PRESS <ENT> KEY" came up and I pressed the Enter key.
The machine carried on as normal and I did a Test Print. Only 3 colours were firing instead of all 8 so I did a Nozzle Wash but that did not help.
We had to get someone out to clean the machine and he changed dampers or something.

I tried googling the error code but did not come across anything.
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before? Or if anyone knows why this occurred?

o_O

mimaki-error.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That error is just a general error stating that the Y motor sensed a problem and stopped to protect itself. In your case, it slammed into the cutter. Although I have never seen this personally I have heard of it happening on 4 other occasions. It just seems to be a glitch that happens out of the blue. I'm not sure what causes it but it shouldn't happen again. If it does, you may have some electrical issues going on.

N1CKY

That error is just a general error stating that the Y motor sensed a problem and stopped to protect itself. In your case, it slammed into the cutter. Although I have never seen this personally I have heard of it happening on 4 other occasions. It just seems to be a glitch that happens out of the blue. I'm not sure what causes it but it shouldn't happen again. If it does, you may have some electrical issues going on.

Ok cool, thank you :)