• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mustard for yellow

cyclerc

I purchase used sp300v roland, doing some test see the yellow print orange and try print large square looks mustard . I see the ink in the cartridge mustard color (its normal?) or its to be yellow?

thanks

player

You may have the yellow sucking up some red.

Bad caps, and/or big difference in red and yellow cartridge ink levels are a couple of reasons for this.

Do a medium clean, or print some big squares of yellow. 4' x 4'... You have to use up the ink in the head, damper and line. Hopefully it has not reached your cartridge.

The sponges can swell up on the caps, causing them to touch the head and bleed ink out which can be drawn into the yellow channel.

player

How can you seethe ink in the cartridge?

If you make a square in your graphics program and use CMYK and only C=0 M= O Y= 100 K= 0 what colour prints?

I did this this week with mine and it is clearly yellow, with no hint of mustard or red etc...

Are you using Roland inks?

cyclerc

mustard

I talking of the clear box where the ink is located. In the yellow ink box looks mustard. I purchase the sp300v used week ago with the inks!
thanks

player

I will have to look at my SP540V. I have not seen a clear box where I can see the colours.

So the next thing is to check the colour you are printing like I suggested above and see if you
print yellow or mustard.