Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mustard for yellow

Discussion in 'Roland' started by cyclerc, May 31, 2014.

1. cyclerc

cyclerc Member

May 19, 2014
    kissimmee Florida
    I purchase used sp300v roland, doing some test see the yellow print orange and try print large square looks mustard . I see the ink in the cartridge mustard color (its normal?) or its to be yellow?

thanks

2. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    You may have the yellow sucking up some red.

Bad caps, and/or big difference in red and yellow cartridge ink levels are a couple of reasons for this.

Do a medium clean, or print some big squares of yellow. 4' x 4'... You have to use up the ink in the head, damper and line. Hopefully it has not reached your cartridge.

The sponges can swell up on the caps, causing them to touch the head and bleed ink out which can be drawn into the yellow channel.

3. cyclerc

cyclerc Member

May 19, 2014
    kissimmee Florida
    cartridge

The cartridge ink looks mustard, its possible contamination in the cartdrige?

4. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    How can you seethe ink in the cartridge?

If you make a square in your graphics program and use CMYK and only C=0 M= O Y= 100 K= 0 what colour prints?

I did this this week with mine and it is clearly yellow, with no hint of mustard or red etc...

Are you using Roland inks?

5. cyclerc

cyclerc Member

May 19, 2014
    kissimmee Florida
    mustard

I talking of the clear box where the ink is located. In the yellow ink box looks mustard. I purchase the sp300v used week ago with the inks!
    thanks

6. premiercolour

premiercolour A Mutoh, Mimaki dealer for sales and services

mustard yellow is normal.

7. cyclerc

cyclerc Member

May 19, 2014
    kissimmee Florida
    thanks

8. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    I will have to look at my SP540V. I have not seen a clear box where I can see the colours.

So the next thing is to check the colour you are printing like I suggested above and see if you
    print yellow or mustard.

9. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    The Roland and Oracle color profiles suck for yellow...try and sample a different yellow .....