• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 and winsock error

This happens very sporadically and there's not much rhyme or reason to it.
This has happened a handful of times the whole 11 years I've owned this printer and on long prints ...the printer looses connection with the TCP address and stops printing. I get a Winsock 10054 error. Thought maybe it was my router, replaced it and cables, still got the message. The last time it happened I changed my settings to keep my computer from sleep mode I thouoght may be interupting the connection....that was 3 months ago and it hasn't happened until just now so evidently that wasn't the issue.
I'm wondering if someone else also had this issue and what did you do to fix it.
Also, the banner I'm printing is 160" long and it has about 24" left to print.... does anyone know how to restart the print where it left off to keep from reprinting the whole thing?
TIA

v0y4ger

I used to have the same problem running on the TCP connection. Not very often but enough to make me nervous running a long print.

I solved it by changing to a USB connection, spent £20 on a decent cable, moved the Rio pc as near as possible to the printer to keep the cable as short as possible too.

I do re boot everything before a long print so the cache is as clear as possible too.

Good luck