• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question mutoh 1204 check ink wont go away says i have ink ?????

Don Mills

my mutoh 1204 ran low on Magenta ink so I installed a new one then it gave me a code about ink status so I contacted SW they told me I need a new card as mine was invalid? I received a new card and now all I get is check ink ??

Pitzu

The cartridge might have a problem or the ink sensor is not functioning properly.
A problem with the ink flow (the sub tank is not filling for some reason).

papabud

Lone Wolf
sometimes the card reader just needs cleaned. also check wires make sure its not faulting out somewhere

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
They might have sent you the wrong card. Check ink typically means that the card is either for the wrong ink or the wrong color.

masterfulp

I’ve actually pushed the new cartridge in to hard (I assume yours has the card on it as well) and it broke the sensor that read the card. And I wasn’t pushing to hard, I thought lol just a idea if you’re trouble shooting

heyskull

More than likely bent pins on the card reader.
Really bad design on these machines as I have now replaced 3 sets on my 1604!

SC

henryp

Insert each ink cartridge gently but with a deliberate firm pressure and the pins will not bent. Broken or bent pins problem occurs usually when cartridges are slammed into the holder or when using non genuine Mutoh ink cartridges.

Last edited:

heyskull

I am always gentle fitting tne ink cartridges but I have still bent the pins.
I now use a bulk ink system which eliminates the constant removal of the cartridges.
Like I said it's a real bad design on these machines.

SC