Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question mutoh 1204 check ink wont go away says i have ink ?????

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Don Mills, May 31, 2018.

1. Don Mills

Don Mills New Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Des Moines , Iowa
    my mutoh 1204 ran low on Magenta ink so I installed a new one then it gave me a code about ink status so I contacted SW they told me I need a new card as mine was invalid? I received a new card and now all I get is check ink ??

Tags:
  2. Pitzu

Pitzu Member

May 2, 2018
    Romania
    The cartridge might have a problem or the ink sensor is not functioning properly.
    A problem with the ink flow (the sub tank is not filling for some reason).

3. papabud

papabud Lone Wolf

Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    sometimes the card reader just needs cleaned. also check wires make sure its not faulting out somewhere

4. chrisphilipps

chrisphilipps Active Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Wharton, NJ
    They might have sent you the wrong card. Check ink typically means that the card is either for the wrong ink or the wrong color.

5. masterfulp

masterfulp New Member

Jan 15, 2015
    NC, USA
    I’ve actually pushed the new cartridge in to hard (I assume yours has the card on it as well) and it broke the sensor that read the card. And I wasn’t pushing to hard, I thought lol just a idea if you’re trouble shooting

6. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    More than likely bent pins on the card reader.
    Really bad design on these machines as I have now replaced 3 sets on my 1604!

SC

7. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    Insert each ink cartridge gently but with a deliberate firm pressure and the pins will not bent. Broken or bent pins problem occurs usually when cartridges are slammed into the holder or when using non genuine Mutoh ink cartridges.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  8. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    I am always gentle fitting tne ink cartridges but I have still bent the pins.
    I now use a bulk ink system which eliminates the constant removal of the cartridges.
    Like I said it's a real bad design on these machines.

SC