• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help mutoh 1204 issues

BAD NOVA

I changed all dampers replaced maintenance station cant get ink to pull thru lines.
I pulled ink thru dampers with syringe.Any thoughts would be Helpful.
My nozzle check wasn't bad. I read people doing head soaks? Not sure how that's
done.
Thanks Brian

Ryse Inc

I have the same printer...When is the last time you changed the cap top or the maintenance station (MS)? If the cap top is not sealing tightly to the head it will just suck air instead of ink. If its working right you should see ink flow through the clear tubes of the MS. If not its not making suction or your lines are clogged, which is very common on the 2 lines under the cap top. Cap tops are cheap, but if the tubes are clogged you will want to replace the MS. Here is the place I use, and have had great service and products. I have this same station in there now for almost 2 years. I keep a backup on hand ready to swap in when needed :) They also have free shipping right now till July 6th!

https://us.digiprint-supplies.com/us-en/vj-1204-maintenance-station-assy-ppudivj01.html?category=2

Ryse Inc

I just re-read your message and saw you said you did change the station. Was that recently? Can you show your test print? Are you just missing a few nozzles or is it bad? Can you listen to the MS and see if you can hear air sucking? If so its not seating to the head and just sucking air. Sometimes the seal needs to be wet, kinda like a suction cup, to make a seal to the head... try some cleaning solution around the lip of the cap top and see if that helps.