• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 no yellow ink help

docfear

Hello to all, first of all i have a valuejet 1204 for 2 years now with no problem at all, i love this printer, now this week i was printing and my yellow ink finished, the machine asked to change the cartridge and i did, but problem... no more yellow was printing....all other colors are OK....the yellow line as no ink in it....so i changed cartridges 3 times, no go... i cleaned 5 times and nothing, i finally found a tech, he came and purged the yellow line, ink comes to the head, but does not stay...he thinks my yellow line has a air leak somewhere..so i'm not sure of this, can anyone give me advice here....

what about dampers ,could these be blocked??

btw i use original Mutoh ink( 220ml and 440ml ) and yes 440ml works great

thanks in advance:Canada 2:

Pablo

signage

If the ink is going to the head then after time is not to the head, it is most likely an air leak (either bad "o"-ring or hole in line/fitting).

If the ink gets to the head does it ever print?
Also have you changed the capping assembly? or is the gasket/seal clean.

docfear

If the ink is going to the head then after time is not to the head, it is most likely an air leak (either bad "o"-ring or hole in line/fitting).

If the ink gets to the head does it ever print?
Also have you changed the capping assembly? or is the gasket/seal clean.

well for the ink coming to the head is only when i pull it with a syringe and not when printing...

can you elaborate for the capping assembly? what is that and where is it and for the gasket / seal to

just want to be sure for the leak before i buy parts

thanks for the quick reply

Pablo

docfear

well i got another tech and finally got the Ink to stay in the line, but its still not printing, could this be the capping station ? my problem is now that the tech only works on Roland, he came to help me out on my Mutoh.

so if my ink stays in the line, does this mean that the dampers are OK?

thanks

Pablo

signage

Has anyone tried to pull the ink to the waste bottle?

The capping station is the item the head goes to rest on and it is also the item that draws the ink to the heads!

Biker Scout

OK, then it's the little lines under your capping station. They are clogged. When you do a cleaning cycle, it's not pulling full vacuum.

Check the ring around the capping station and make sure it's pristine. But more importantly, pull the little black lines under the capping station, as well as the little clear ones that join into the black lines via little white connector piece. Ditch that white connector piece. Trust me on this. The clear lines slide perfectly into the black lines. Look at how small the holes are on that connector piece. Try finding a wire small enough to push through it...

Anyway, I guarantee your black lines have little clogged ink plugs inside of them. Think about clogged arteries with cholestrol. Anyway, work the dried ink out of the tubes, and use Acetone to clean them out. Not denatured alcohol. DA makes the ink clump, even though it does clean the ink to some extent. The Acetone actually breaks the ink solids down back to a fine powder, and it won't hurt the lines either.

Go ahead and flush the two double lines that run into the pump as well. Just don't go pulling on the lines very hard. Flush out any solids that may have accumulated inside the pump. These lines are made of a special silicone, with ultra smooth wall, so stuff flushes out of there pretty easy.

Put everything back together run a few cleaning cycles. You should be back in business.... unless you actually have a legitimate print head clog. But at least at this point you can do a head soak, or run the cleaning cartridges and you know that you will be pulling full vacuum on the capping station from the pump.

Good luck.

docfear

well finally FIXED :) , after the third tech, this one was the real one, problem was with my Capping, guess it was dirty, he flushed it again and again, pulled ink from all line from dampers and Hurray!!! its started printing again, it was a well spent 150$/hour, mind you that i had done all that before him, but i guess he had the magic touch :)

so thanks to all your replys

Pablo