• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh 1304 HEEEELLLLPPP

TRickster

It all started months ago. ink stopped going into take up tank.
Didnt realize till. The machine was relocated and off for a month.
Set up, power wash and reload ink... test print no magenta.
start taking apart and find the big mess down below...oh crap. Ok so im a dumba$$ Save the repromand. Im not sure were to start. Cant afford a tech.
Really need to get going, running out of cash.
I can see that there is no ink in the Mag line back to the cartridge.
From reading Im thinking I need to clean the bottm first and replace the capstan and complete maintenance station. I was going to remove a damper and use a syringe to draw magenta thru the line. But after realizing howmit all works thats probably premature. I had unscrewwed several screws that seemed pertanat to the damper station but still couldnt get it out. SOOOO!!!
I feel confident in doing this job. I am hoping that some one will take pitty on me and maybe start me off in the right spot.
What first...heads up...before doing this!!! That kind of thing.
Man with out the printer Im up the crick. OUCH
Please help.
Rick

randya

Check and clean the drain lines.
Check the pump.
If you are not pumping through the maintenance station, that will be a problem.

Post some pics of what you've done at the 'damper station', so we can tell where you are at.

TRickster

Bigdawg, Thanks for the reply. And the willingness to help. I had some good fortune today and decided to have the tech come do it up right. Thanks again for your offer to help.You ROCK. Kudos to Big Dawg.
Rick