• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help mutoh 1304 solid colour problem

cencar

Hi all I need some info, why I get a poor print on solid colour (grey) I have some magenta shade on the print and the waves are visible if you zoom it .please see photo attached.
Media metemark md5a profile all mutoh flexisign 10.5 pro temp.37-38-41

Thank you in advance.
Rob.

Attachments

• IMG_20180720_093727.jpg
    IMG_20180720_093727.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20180720_094629.jpg
    IMG_20180720_094629.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 190

letterman7

The magenta tinge is the printer interpreting the grey in a CMYK environment. If you RIP'd the grey as a CMYK, that's what you'll get. Try sending it as a greyscale and see what happens. As for the "waves".. looks like you're missing some black nozzles. Did you do a nozzle check?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What does your nozzle check look like? I would assume it's missing nozzle but if it's not, I would start cleaning the PF encoder and linear encoder with 70% alcohol. Also, if you push the down arrow key with media loaded it should move the media forward smoothly. If you do it and hear a thumping noise every once in a while, the PF encoder is dirty, damaged or the sensor is failing.

cencar

The magenta tinge is the printer interpreting the grey in a CMYK environment. If you RIP'd the grey as a CMYK, that's what you'll get. Try sending it as a greyscale and see what happens. As for the "waves".. looks like you're missing some black nozzles. Did you do a nozzle check?
HI THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY i WILL TRY PRINT IN GREYSCALE, AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, REGARDING THE PRINT HEAD THE NOZZLE IN PERFECT EXCEPT JUST ONE TINY LINE SEE PHOTO.

Attachments

• IMG_20180721_112047.jpg
    IMG_20180721_112047.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 150

cencar

HI THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY i WILL TRY PRINT IN GREYSCALE, AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, REGARDING THE PRINT HEAD THE NOZZLE IN PERFECT EXCEPT JUST ONE TINY LINE SEE PHOTO.

Attachments

IMG_20180721_112047.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 157

cencar

Hi thank you for your reply , I cleaned the PF encoder and linear encoder just before the print and no improvement, and no funny noises when the media is moving out of the printer.
Regards Rob.

Attachments

IMG_20180721_112047.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 178

donkur

Hi all I need some info, why I get a poor print on solid colour (grey) I have some magenta shade on the print and the waves are visible if you zoom it .please see photo attached.
Media metemark md5a profile all mutoh flexisign 10.5 pro temp.37-38-41

Thank you in advance.
Rob.
A couple of things...I have a Mutoh which I have pretty much retired. I have always had an issue doing blues with it. There was one time though that when I tried to print the same image on my latex printer, it did the same thing. Figured out it was the stock which Avery has since discontinued. I always had to use different profiles for whatever I was printing. Spoke with Mutoh a couple of times in regards to its banding issues. It printed banner materials decently well and vinyl, as long as there was no solid blue color. It's hit and miss with profiles. You may find one that works better. I had to use Avery profiles for most Oracal stock and a 3M one for some Avery stock. LOL. If you can print as grayscale, that might be best, as suggested by the other member.