• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1304 Yellow Printing A Greenish Shade

GmanDesign

Ok so today I fired the printer up to get some work done. As I do daily I give it a quick once over and clean the wiper etc. Fired off a print and it was all real real dark. Ran a STRONG clean 2 times and then ran a nozzle check. Nozzle check for all 4 colors except cyan came out black. Then I noticed the lines where all black going into the print head. I've never had this happen ever so i was kinda lost. Started checking to make sure I didn't mix up and ink cause I did replace magenta right after the machine fired up. All looked good there so I decided to just do a full headwash. Went thru that and it fixed everything except for the yellow is now coming out a shade of green. Ran some more STRONG cleans and even ran some blocks of just yellow to see if I could get it to clear up and nothing. Lines going into the print head for yellow look green to. Looking for some HELP!!!

Maintenance Station replaced about 8 months ago. And I do general cleaning daily and more in-depth cleaning bi weekly.

Attachments

• Photo Oct 17, 1 33 05 AM.jpg
    Photo Oct 17, 1 33 05 AM.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Photo Oct 17, 1 32 46 AM.jpg
    Photo Oct 17, 1 32 46 AM.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Photo Oct 17, 1 31 45 AM.jpg
    Photo Oct 17, 1 31 45 AM.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Photo Oct 17, 1 31 54 AM.jpg
    Photo Oct 17, 1 31 54 AM.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 118

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
From the pink and pastel colors on the feed tubes going into the dampers it is pretty obvious that your 1304 has embraced an alternative lifestyle.

I would check and see if the maintenance station drain lines are clear. It sounds like it might be backing up causing the ink to pool in the little sponge area inside the cap.
The head siphoning ink back up out of the cap could be the cause of the cross contamination. I've never seen it, but this issue has been posted up here a few times.

wayne k
guam usa

heyskull

I would second the contamination issue yellow and cyan are next to each other (making green).
It looks like the cyan has contaminated the yellow line.
It is normally the sponge on the capping station poking through the mesh causing it to wick between colours.
I would check their is nothing on or poking through.
Have a look at the pipework going over the top of the carriage, how far does it go back?
Maybe a good idea seeing you have the cover off (and also to save a lot of the other ink!) is to pull the two yellow dampers off and then pull the yellow back with a syringe then reattach and do a few heavy cleans.
Then you should have cleaned the contamination.
I would install a new capping station as a matter of course and check all the lines are clear and the pump is working properly.

SC

Dennis422

:goodpost:

Same thing happened to me about a month ago on my Falcon.
Print head was touching the capping station and can got mixed with yellow ink.
I had to take the damper off on drain the line for yellow until yellow was not contaminated any more.

GmanDesign

Wonder if this might be the issue? i checked the entire line and the green color went all the way back to where the cartridge snapped in. i decided to cut it open and found this.

Attachments

• Photo Oct 17, 12 38 55 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 17, 12 38 55 PM.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 123