• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324X Fading Color Issues

FernwehPrinting

Good evening, Everyone!

I purchased a used Mutoh 1324X a little over one year ago, from a sign shop that was closing down.
Only OEM cartridges are used in it.

It's not used a heavy amount, but cleaning cycles are ran daily with deeper cleanings (wiper, head, etc.) and greasing once weekly.

About 6 months after, I started having an issue with colors that have a lot of yellow and magenta in them. (Reds, Orange, etc)
About 1.5' to 2' into the print, the colors start to quickly fade into a much lighter color.
For example:
Bright reds fade into more pink.
Oranges fade into a coral color.

There's no issue with just magenta or just yellow when printing them alone. Only when mixed.

There are no missing nozzles in the nozzle check & no bubbles in the line.

The only shop that I've found that service Mutoh printers, in this area, said it will be $450 just to drive out and look at it, plus the parts and labor to change anything out. So I wanted to try here first to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thank you for your time!

FernwehPrinting

I haven't changed out any maintenance parts on it. But that's definitely where I'll start.

Thank you!

Apologies for my naivete, I'm new to owning all of the equipment and running a business versus having been working in a shop under someone else
I've found it's an incredibly different experience. But still worth it

I'm going to order all of the parts to change out.
Thank you both again!

lbpalm

Good evening, Everyone!

I purchased a used Mutoh 1324X a little over one year ago, from a sign shop that was closing down.
Only OEM cartridges are used in it.

It's not used a heavy amount, but cleaning cycles are ran daily with deeper cleanings (wiper, head, etc.) and greasing once weekly.

About 6 months after, I started having an issue with colors that have a lot of yellow and magenta in them. (Reds, Orange, etc)
About 1.5' to 2' into the print, the colors start to quickly fade into a much lighter color.
For example:
Bright reds fade into more pink.
Oranges fade into a coral color.

There's no issue with just magenta or just yellow when printing them alone. Only when mixed.

There are no missing nozzles in the nozzle check & no bubbles in the line.

The only shop that I've found that service Mutoh printers, in this area, said it will be $450 just to drive out and look at it, plus the parts and labor to change anything out. So I wanted to try here first to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thank you for your time!

- Encoder disk & encoder strip been cleaned recently?