• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Mutoh 1324x vs 1624x

Nanci

I'm sure a few people on here are aware that Mutoh is offering the 64" printer at close to the same price as the 54", through the end of March as a show promotion. I keep going back and forth between the two. Is the 1624 a better machine? Buying new ink at $250 a pop seems high, is that worth it to save 20 percent on ink cost?
I read in a few OLD threads that the 1324 has issues with loading material. Is that still true?
I started out buying a Roland true vis 30" print and cut and I've come around to the Mutohs. Does anyone here use the Rolands? I'm feeling more comfortable with the Mutoh, it seems to have a better track record. I had an old Roland PC600 and it was terrible.

thanks! Need to decide pretty soon on this. I'm tired of subbing out my prints. I must be one of the last shops to be still doing that!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The 1324 is more of a hassle to load because it has a bar that goes through the whole roll. The 1624 is much easier to load in my opinion. They are essentially the same machine after that minus a few internal parts that don't need to be mentioned. I have a customer who uses the Mutoh bulk system on his 1624 and he goes through about a pouch per color every month so it's worth it for him. I would never recommend starting out with bulk until you really need it. If you don't have the volume for it, it could be a bigger hassle than it's worth. Mutoh is a trusted brand overall.

Nanci

Thanks for your help. I have asked that the adapter for bulk ink be removed...it won’t save me any money though. I’m wondering if I should just get it with the bulk and remove it later. They are already on pallets for the sale.
I’m leaning towards the 64” once more Thanks again!!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you can afford it go with the 64". I stepped up from their 54" 1304 to the 1624.
The media system is much easier to load and can handle more weight - most rolls of 54" banner are too heavy for the smaller printer.
Good solid machine that will make you money.

wayne k
guam usa

Nanci

Thanks. I’m going with the 64. It is only $750 more than the 54 with this special. Still more than I expected to spend though so I guess I will end up with a cheap laminator. US tech seems to be the best cheap model. The printer dealer was steering me toward a Daige but according to these forums it’s a piece of junk. I really appreciate the info in these forums. I’m on good terms with the other local sign shops but they are still, you know, my competition. I buy prints locally. So it’s a bit awkward asking for their ideas. Thanks again.

RPM

The 1624 will handle banners much easier. Also a lot of banner cores are 54.25 in length and you have to trim them to get it to fit in the 1324 as the rollers that hold the material are that tight. Plus it opens you up for those customers that just have to have a 5' banner.... Essentially everything beyond that, they are the same. I have both and they both
run 8-12hrs a day and have been very reliable!