• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1604 network socket replacement

heyskull

The network socket is faulty on my valuejet 1604. I have managed to get by over the last few years, but just lately the disconnections have become more frequent. I have sourced a similar socket, is this a simple job once the main board is removed?

I also have a 1614 which has been butchered and the board has been rewired to bypass the chips and always reads 100% on the inks. I have a few issues with it and have another (later) 1614 board to replace it. How do I go about removing and bypassing the chips but without all the wiring to the board?

Thanks SC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've done it myself with very poor soldering skills and was successful 1 out of 2 times. It depends on if there is any damage to the circuit itself. If it's just physically damaged, I'd say your odds are good.

I don't know about bypassing chips other than a bootleg firmware upgrade.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Depends on your skill level.
Be careful & if necessary, cut the frame on the network connector with a dremel & pluck the8 pins 1 at a time (much easier for a novice)

Things to know:

Not all rj45 sockets have the same pin layout (check it first visually or with a meter)

Remove all solder with solder wik or a solder sucker or take to an electronic shop that has done this type of repair (tv repair shop, vcr or computer repair shop) be careful not to damage traces