• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1614 074err CR2 Current error.

artgrup

pYZ0qBN
After I printed 1mp (other prints only printed 20cm or 5cm linear) I still get this error.
I cleaned the T fence and bearing tracks (also lubricated). Everything looks fine. What else could it be?
At first, the error was on 072err, now only 074err CR2.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-08-16 at 16.12.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-08-16 at 16.12.12.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 351

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's an encoder issue for sure. You can tell by the offset printing on the right side of the image you provided. If you cleaned the encoder and it looks perfectly clean with no ink drops on it at all, then it is just damaged and needs to be replaced. What did you clean it with?

artgrup

That's an encoder issue for sure. You can tell by the offset printing on the right side of the image you provided. If you cleaned the encoder and it looks perfectly clean with no ink drops on it at all, then it is just damaged and needs to be replaced. What did you clean it with?
To clean the T fence, I used ethanol (70%) - Actually medicinal alcohol

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The ethanol is probably too strong for the encoder strip and damaged it. You want to use 70% isopropyl because it is less harsh but still evaporates fairly quickly. It sounds like you will need to replace the strip. Take a good look at it. It should be shinny, clear with a tint to it. If it is scratched up, cloudy, dull looking or has any other visible damage to it, it's toast.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
One other thing you might try is cleaning the sensor that reads the strip. It can also get coated with ink mist.
I used a credit card wrapped with a lint free swatch and a little alcohol on my 1304. Cleared up some issues that did not go away with a new fence install.

wayne k
guam usa