• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MUTOH 1614 best settings

The Roonster

Hi Everyone

We are looking for the best settings for this machine.

i.e best quality and speed

I have found the heating settings on this site and am using them.

Thanx for that, my results are better.

We are still getting head strikes and banding on smooth backgrounds.

In the morning I have to restart the 1st job at least twice due to ripples in the substrate then when the machine settles the banding is noticable to say the least, I realise this is large format and isnt so noticable from a distance but there must be a way to get a better result.

Any help or ideas will really be appreciated.:banghead:

heyskull

All depends on what material you are using.
We only have problems with headstrikes onto Banner material with a large ink coverage.
You can adjust the banding out by using the adjustment when printing has started.
Also we print all of our jobs with the head in the high position.
There is no best between speed and quality I have loads of profiles and some of them suit a material and not the next.
Problems with headstrikes are caused by the rear heater over heating the material and badly fitted media not running straight.

The Roonster

Hi thanx for the reply!

We are running vinyls, our preheat is set to 30 degrees as far as I know thats the lowest it goes.

Please excuse my ignorance but I havent been running these machines very long.

How do I set the banding whilst the machine is running.

We are using a Spandex setting IP2505 VJet1614-Performance PPv2008r1.

The results are about the best we have acheived.

Also we have got to run a flag later and a job on seethru substrate!!

Any ideas on settings for these materials.
:thankyou:

os101king

Yeah, excepting the fact that the link does not work for the 1204 manual... those links ALL lead to an error page.