• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 horizontal banding. ONLY with baby blue

formanek

Before warranty went out about 6 months ago I had a Mutoh tech come in and work on this for a full day and got it a little better but now it is progressing to crap again.
Only on baby blue. Only on the right side of the printer closest to the head parking zone. About the first 1/3 of the bed.
Tech put in a new head, pf wheel and that plastic encoder strip. It just seems to me like it is starving for ink but....
Does on all materials and also at any platten and pre heater temps.

I am gonna smash this printer. 4 years old. Also changed the dampers 6 months ago.

Help!

Attachments

• banding.jpg
    banding.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 554
That looks to be vertical banding (in the direction of media travel) not horizontal banding (carriage travel direction). If it is only on one side of the machine, I would first suspect that the media is not feeding properly through the machine. Possibly the transport wheels are differently wearing on that side? Does the banding coincide with any physical feature of the machine (lines up with pinch roller wheels or platen towers etc)?

formanek

Yes I meant VERTICAL banding. It's been a LONG day

It is vertical banding. It only does it on light blues. No other colors. It does not line up with the rollers at all. I am turning the heat settings down to 36, 36, 50 and see if that helps too.

heyskull

I was also going to suggest altering heat settings.
Maybe is a fault in your heaters that is causing this.

SC

h82loose

If you had a tech there I'm sure he checked the bearing raceway. I would check again. There might be a mess on that side from the maintenance station. After that I would try changing the spitting to on media. see if going to the spit pad is causing a problem. Did he take measurement of the pre-heat and platen heat? make sure both sides are the same. Maybe the heater on the bad side came unglued from the platen. Just Ideas. Good luck.