• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh 1614 ink help

Jimmyc77

keep getting not original error with yellow tried new cartidge and new cards still nothing.. any help please would be appreciated.. bought new card reader still nothing getting very aggravated.. thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are 3 sensors in the cartridge holder. The card reader at he top left, the pack end sensor, which tell the machine when the cartridge is empty, on the bottom right, and then the sensor that tells the machine if a cartridge is simply present at the very back. The cartridge sensor is a tiny little button that gets pushed in when the cartridge is in. If it doesn't get pushed, the machine rejects anything that the reader reads. Make sure that button is in place and able to be pushed. Other than that, the only other part that makes the machine read the cartridges is the heater control board which is $$$.

Umca

Agree with Solventinkjet.
You can recognize the button is works if you hear the beep when insert or remove the cartridge.

Jimmyc77

It beeps .. I did unplug machine took cartridges out the plugged back in powered it up then Installed ink cartridges 1 by 1 recognized all cartridges but once inserted black last cartridge said yellow not original..

FrankW

Have you updated your firmware shortly? Or have you switched too third party ink?

Since a revision of the firmware some years ago, Mutoh printers save the serial number of the ink chips. As soon as a cartridge is empty, and a new one with the same serial number (for example a copied chip) is inserted, the printer mention them as „not original“.

Jimmyc77

Have you updated your firmware shortly? Or have you switched too third party ink?

Since a revision of the firmware some years ago, Mutoh printers save the serial number of the ink chips. As soon as a cartridge is empty, and a new one with the same serial number (for example a copied chip) is inserted, the printer mention them as „not original“.
Yes I just did firmware update.. has error with that cartridge and tried new ink same thing not original mm

FrankW

Do you use original ink, or third party ink? If third party, it could be that you run into that "saving and comparing serial number"-thing.