• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 missing one Black channel.

artgrup

Howdy.
Apparently I have a problem that I do not know when it came out. It's about a mutoh 1614
On a nozzle check test, I noticed that a black channel does not appear at all. I changed the dampers between them and I gave them only black prints. After 2cm black disappeared and a shade of dirty blue remained. After another nozzle check, both black channels were gone. I reversed the damper between them and the same black channel appeared again. I mention that I just reversed the dampers without dismantling them from the pipes. Do you have any idea what would be the problem in this case?

ivofotev

work hard
Howdy.
Apparently I have a problem that I do not know when it came out. It's about a mutoh 1614
On a nozzle check test, I noticed that a black channel does not appear at all. I changed the dampers between them and I gave them only black prints. After 2cm black disappeared and a shade of dirty blue remained. After another nozzle check, both black channels were gone. I reversed the damper between them and the same black channel appeared again. I mention that I just reversed the dampers without dismantling them from the pipes. Do you have any idea what would be the problem in this case?
Just struggling with the same issue on my 1614. I did the crack thing with a head from Epson R2880. I worked OK, but the second black channel just disappeared after some print. I thought it was the just the head, so I bought a new one. Yesterday I put it in, changed dampers, revised the capping, but again after some print the same black channel is out. I'm wondering if the main reason is the capping, but everything else is checked. The problem is I have a lot to print and no time to order a new one. Anyway .... look ad Your maintenance station. Mine looks line the cap is not seating where is should, looks askew somehow....and moves 1-3 mm aside when sliding up and down when the head park on top of it. Maybe this is the main problem ...

ivofotev

work hard
Quick update ! It's definitely the capping !!! The cap top doesn't seal the head. I think just fixed it ( 20 sq.m. without sign of a missing black channel ). What I did - greased the path of the cap top......$1 fix ...will post update after 50-60 sq.m.

rickzan

I had same problem and I found out that you should put solvent in cap top once a week to keep small tubes on bottom of cap top open. They have very small inside dia,

zopylote

before start to expend money changing dampers or caps you need to check the dampers first and caps and pump
1.- do you have ink on lines? is your printer not to old? dampers are ok, maybe they can be clogged, i changed more than 500 dampers on my 12 years technician career and only 5 dampers were clogged, to check if dampers are ok use a syringe attached a pen tube (clean the pen tube first with cleaner) and connect the syringe from the bottom of the damper and make a suction, if you receive ink your damper is ok
2.- do the same in cap stations disconnect cap from the pump and make suction, if you have suction and you receive ink your cap is ok, if you don't receive ink your cap is bad
3.- then check if your pump is working
4.- the black nozzles are the first one from left to right, they are the first one that arrive to the media and start to print, if you print a heavy adhesive (brick wall adhesive or a lot of adhesive) before the problem starts, then maybe your printhead is contaminated and is very hard to clean, i just recovered about 4 of 10 with ultrasonic

hope this works for you!

ivofotev

work hard
Just finshed prinring...the success is random :) again the second black is clogging after 2-3 sq.m. economy clean fixes it for another couple of prints....new dampers, new head, new cap top, old pump with new tubes, old generic maintenance station (which kinda cannot be fitted the way the original does). I want to ask if a maintenance station can cause the loosing just this particular cannel ???? Not 1, not 3, not 4...just 2nd black? The problem was existing with the old head, which I ruined after useless ultrasonic cleaning.....Thanks in advance...